Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 11:45 am
And still just as loony as ever.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CIA_PROTEST?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Quote:
LANGLEY, Va. (AP) -- A group led by anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan has protested near the CIA's headquarters and former Vice President Dick Cheney's home in northern Virginia.

They were protesting the use of unmanned drone aircraft to attack al-Qaida and Taliban targets.

The group of about 70 people rallied alongside a highway near the CIA compound Saturday. About half then marched to Cheney's nearby street and stayed for 20 minutes. Police kept them from going down his street.

Sheehan's 21-year-old son Casey was killed in Iraq in April 2004. She staged a prolonged demonstration outside former President George W. Bush's ranch near Crawford, Texas, in 2005.
She says using drones is "cowardly" and "immoral."

So she protests when people get killed, and now she is protesting because people ARENT getting killed?

I would think that she would be happy that the use of drones is saving Americam lives.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 01:07 pm
what is objected to is that we are moving towards the insanity outlined in the star trek episode "a taste of armageddon". This is a reasonable complaint.
http://trekguide.com/padd/tos23.htm
JTT

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 02:32 pm
@mysteryman,
She's a caring person, MM, unlike you. She's concerned about the innocent lives lost from the murderous actions of the US government.

She is actually a much better citizen than you, by numerous orders of magnitude, because she actually believes American ideals are something to be upheld, not something to be denigrated by mass murderers/war criminals.

Only in your dismal bizarre existence could her behavior be regarded as loony.
Foofie

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 02:58 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

She's a caring person, MM, unlike you. She's concerned about the innocent lives lost from the murderous actions of the US government.

She is actually a much better citizen than you, by numerous orders of magnitude, because she actually believes American ideals are something to be upheld, not something to be denigrated by mass murderers/war criminals.

Only in your dismal bizarre existence could her behavior be regarded as loony.

Drones are good, since without a drone an American pilot's life is put at risk. Would anyone that understands the military believe, that without drones, airpower would not be used? If we had to, I believe, the U.S. would go back to WWI bi-planes. Drones reflect progress in airpower. The fact is airpower is here to stay as an adjunct to boots on the ground or ships at sea.

Go team drones! D-R-O-N-E-S! Yea drones!

I am a caring person - for American lives! F the foreign scum!
JTT

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 03:05 pm
@Foofie,
Another foofieism.

No, Foofie, your comment clearly marks you as one of the lowest forms of scum that has ever inhabited the planet. You are in no way a caring person.

All the Jews who died during the Holocaust were foreigners. Were they foreign scum? Do you make a distinction between those who, at this time, only have landed immigrant status? They too must be foreign scum.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 03:08 pm
@JTT,
do you have a secondary shtick, cause insulting nearly everybody on a2k is getting old...fast.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 03:18 pm
re "She's baaaaack" (thread title).

Well, I mean, it certainly takes some time to get back from Oslo (where she protested against Obama last December), but she really could have been more active over the Christmas/New Year holiday period, isn't it, MM?
JTT

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 03:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
"nearly" everyone, Hawkeye.

And you posture that you're one diligently seeking to speak the truth.

Are we to take it that you agree with foofie - "**** the foreign scum"?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 03:21 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Another foofieism.

No, Foofie, your comment clearly marks you as one of the lowest forms of scum that has ever inhabited the planet. You are in no way a caring person.

All the Jews who died during the Holocaust were foreigners. Were they foreign scum? Do you make a distinction between those who, at this time, only have landed immigrant status? They too must be foreign scum.

Foreign scum are the people killing Americans. Bringing in the Jews that were killed during the Final Solution (the Holocaust killed 12 million people, not just six million Jews) is a non-sequitor to the discussion. Bringing in the illegal aliens in the U.S. is a non-sequitor. Do you have an ethical right regarding standing in judgement of other people's degree of empathy? If yes, who annointed you keeper of everyone's degree of caring? Where did you get this universal attitude towards humanity? From a religion? In my opinion, proselytizing morality is best left to those in the clergy. We non-clergy should mind our own business, in my opinion.

JTT

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 03:24 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Do you have an ethical right regarding standing in judgement of other people's degree of empathy?

empathy, that doesn't belong in your vocabulary.

Quote:
We non-clergy should mind our own business, in my opinion.

Good point. STFU!
Foofie

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 03:31 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Do you have an ethical right regarding standing in judgement of other people's degree of empathy?

empathy, that doesn't belong in your vocabulary.

Quote:
We non-clergy should mind our own business, in my opinion.

Good point. STFU!

I am filing the above under "flippant repartee" in my brain. I do not know what STFU means.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 04:59 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

While I don't care really about this story, I can't help but feel that this kind of ignorant declaration is the perfect example of why people want a war with us in the first place.

T
K
O
msolga

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 06:58 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
I can't help but feel that this kind of ignorant declaration is the perfect example of why people want a war with us

I doubt ordinary Iraqis, or the people of Afghanistan, exactly wanted a war with the US in the first place. Wink

(I know what you're saying, Diest. Couldn't help myself.)
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
What did she do, row back in a canoe?
From Oslo to New York is about a 6 hour flight.
JTT

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:16 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Police kept them from going down his street.

Odd that you aren't screaming and yelling about this, MM.

Quote:
She says using drones is "cowardly" and "immoral."

It is, as is napalming innocents, carpet bombing civilians, using phosphorus bombs on anyone, especially innocents, training terrorists to murder rape and torture their countrymen, machine gunning civilians, ... .

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:05 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Foofie wrote:

While I don't care really about this story, I can't help but feel that this kind of ignorant declaration is the perfect example of why people want a war with us in the first place.

T
K
O

Well, if you think foreigners universally give a damn about the U.S.A., and its citizens, I have a bridge to sell you.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:17 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

What did she do, row back in a canoe?
From Oslo to New York is about a 6 hour flight.

So you think, she should be demonstrating 24/24, 7/7?
mysteryman

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 04:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Nope, I personally think she should sit down and shut up.
Just because she has a right to protest doersnt mean she should.
Sometimes its countereffective.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:46 pm
@mysteryman,
Well, in that case I don't understand why you 'complain' that she's only doing a few demonstrations over the last couple of months.

(It really could be seen as counterproductive by some what she does - but considering why she's doing it, it's quite understandable from her point of view.)
0 Replies

Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 09:10 am
@mysteryman,
What's the difference in getting killed with an unmanned drone or a bullet? It seems the drone would keep our troops safer. Some people would like for us to go to war against our enemies with pitchforks and clubs.
0 Replies