The history channel line up for tonight

BillRM

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 09:35 am
Here is the HISTORY Channel line up for tonight out of my local newspaper:

Modern Marvels.....Butchers
Monster Quest,,,,,,Great White Sharks
Monster Quest......Abominable Snowman
Monster Quest......?????did not say

Now I would love to have a meeting with the programing staff of this fine network with a baseball bat in my hand a nice heavy wooden bat.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,794 • Replies: 19

farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 12:10 pm
@BillRM,
Sounds like you will be having an enjoyable Saturday night in your mom's basement.
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 06:10 pm
The "History" Channel bears exactly that relationship to history that Christian Science bears to science.
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 06:22 pm
@Setanta,
The History Channel also has several shows about logging and the lives of midgets.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 06:23 pm
@farmerman,
logging midgets?

(that sounds kinda cool)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 06:31 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Sounds like you will be having an enjoyable Saturday night in your mom's basement.

Sorry Farmerman my mother home is in Florida and my townhouse is also located in Florida so no basement.

My wife townhouse is in Las Vegas and have no basement however she does have a nice home off 8 mile road in the Detroit area with a basement that she just spend thirty thousands or so redoing.

But neither my wife or I are planning visiting that home until winter is over with!

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 06:33 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
. . . under winter is over with!

You can't make **** like this up, no one would ever believe you . . .
BillRM

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 06:34 pm
@Setanta,
What are you talking about? Under? Under what?

LOL for the edit function.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 06:41 pm
So what if you edited it, clown, you are still responsible for the incoherent **** you habitually write. As i said, if you told someone who was not familiar with your constant butchering of the language, they'd never believe it.
BillRM

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 07:01 pm
@Setanta,
I cannot remember when the History Channel had any history on it during prime time at least.

Now why is that? Somehow, I question if monsters Quests or alien/UFO shows, ice road truckers, and fishing in the Bering Sea shows would or does bring in a larger viewings audience then shows that contain some real history.

Let see how about a show dealing with said the Hamilton and Burr duel for example? Here we had a sitting Vic President with two murder warrants outstanding for his arrest one issue by NJ were the duel happen and one from NY where Hamilton die a few days after the duel.

Or how about doing a show base on a book call “The Court-martial of General Custer” where the idea was that somehow he survived the defect at little Big Horn and was then facing a military trial for his actions?

In other word why in the hell are we not getting real history on the History Channel?

Could it be that the cost of producing the **** they are now doing is so low compare to real history programming that is the driving force behind this?

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 07:04 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
. . . he survived the defect at little Big Horn . . .

Yup . . . it's gems like these which make your particular brand of incoherence priceless entertainment.
BillRM

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 07:07 pm
@Setanta,
And so what my silly little friend who I somehow picture as a small little guy who would not dare even look into the eyes of another adult but have big balls on the internet.

You are in fact pointing out far more your own faults then mine and it is indeed unbelievable that you are not aware of that fact.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 07:22 pm
Actually, you senile, braying jackass, i am over six fee tall, and will be more than happy to look you in your pathetic face if ever the occasion offers. There are any number of people here who know that this is true because we've met in person, and pictures of me have been posted at this site.

So keep you idiot-child "big balls" gags to yourself.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 07:22 pm
@Setanta,
What are you 4 foot two and when growing up the big kids would always beat you up and then throw your shoes over the electric lines for all to see?

LOL, I once placed you in my block file for this silly and immature behavior pattern but let you out when on a few threads you seem to have a few things to post that was worth the time to read.

Now your worthwhile to nonsense ratio had reach the point where it is hardly worthwhile to deal with as interesting and as amusing as your “shortcomings” might be at times.

Back into the old block file my little man.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 07:24 pm
Help yourself, clown. I'll still be entertained by your idiocy, and will continue to comment on it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 07:39 pm
Now is there anyone who would like to deal with this thread subject and to aid/remind you guys the subject is the history Channel and why there is so little real history on it.

The forums on the History Channel website is full of similar complains and that does not seem to matter at all to the owners of the channel.

In my area we have five AM sport stations with very small ratings overall but the theory for this seem to be that such sport stations are dirt cheap to air so the ratings are high enough to bring in a nice profit as small as the ratings they generate happen to be.
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 06:27 am
@BillRM,
Tomorrow, (1/19) begins the new series "American Picker". This is a hobby of mine and Ive been doing antique "picking" for several years. Ive seen several of the first shows as the production company is known to me. Itll give you the basic functions of pickers and how they support the antiques market. Theres plenty olf history involved as certain artifacts are found and attempted to buy. Its history puntuated by pecuniary interests.

There are many stories bsides the obvious one where someone "picked" an authentic printers copy of the Declaration of Independence at a flea market
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 06:59 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Sorry Farmerman my mother home is in Florida and my townhouse is also located in Florida so no basement.

My wife townhouse is in Las Vegas and have no basement however she does have a nice home off 8 mile road in the Detroit area with a basement that she just spend thirty thousands or so redoing.

But neither my wife or I are planning visiting that home until winter is over with!

Where are u from?
Where were u born ?
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:11 am
@farmerman,
Farmerman I am not stating that a channel with the word history in it need to only deal with programming that completely center on history however it would be nice if that was at least a main element and not something push to the early morning hours at best.

I enjoy the pawn shop program for example on the channel and plan to visit that shop on my next visit to Detroit upcoming in weeks.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OMSIGDAVID born in PA, raised in NJ and live most of my adult life in the South Florida area after getting my degree from UM.

My Detroit connection come from meeting my now wife on line in 1985 by way of the old CIS dial up network.

For years I was the only person in the country who would fly to Detroit in the middle of winter from Miami on vacations.

My Las Vegas connection come from having one of my step daughters move out to Vegas with her family and then my wife deciding to buy a townhouse there as a result.

I think that cover it.

0 Replies