Girls, What's really on their minds?

Jack

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:33 am
Let me begin by saying that I am a new member..So WaaaaaaaZ Up to all.

Here is my story:
There is this girl, lets call her "Natalie".
So before I met Natalie I knew she had a boyfriend and I used to see them together at school all the time. But after a few months break from school I accidentally bumped into her and she said "Hi" and began a conversation with me out of the blue. So I started talking to her and everything seemed fine. But then like after talking with her for almost a week or 2 I asked her if she would like to hang out with me sometime. She then tells me that she just broke up with her bf, so I said "ok, maybe we can just hang out nothing emotional". She said, "we'll see", and then we went our ways. Then for almost a week I couldn't find her and when I finally did see her again I asked her "what's up and what's new?" she seemed to be hesitant to speak to me and seemed to not want a conversation.

So what I want to know is why she is ignoring me?
Does she not like me? Everything was fine before I asked her out.
Is she scared of getting into a relationship?
Whats the deal?

So let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

-Jack
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,159 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:41 am
She's probably just sorting things out. You have to give it time. Playing it cool and just ignoring it may help. If you seem too desperate to get in there, it won't work. She already suspects that even your 'friends-only' approach is still an attempt at a future relationship. Give her space, my man, and even hang out with other girls. If it happens, it happens, but it's got to be on her terms. If she feels pressured, you will lose a friend.
0 Replies

Jack

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:45 am
I guess..but that's pretty cold of her.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:53 am
Take it from me. They're all nuts.

She liked the attention of talking to you but obviously wanted it on her playing field. Now that you've approached the subject she feels a loss of control about whether or not she wanted to be friends with you or pursue you. She could also be holding out to get back with her boyfriend and visibly hanging out with you would but a crimp in that plan.

So, in short, she seems like she does like you - at least enough to talk to you everyday for a few weeks. She also doesn't want to go out with anyone else and might be flattering herself into thinking you like her so much that you wouldn't just want to be friends with her without trying to get her to go out with you.

I agree with cav - play it cool and ignore her. If she starts talking again but doesn't want to hang out then forget it. It means she wants a friendly chat, but not a friend.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:55 am
"So what I want to know is why she is ignoring me?
Does she not like me?"

Maybe she doesn't like you. If she doesn't, so what? You should be worrying about what other girls are out there you can pick up.

Everything was fine before I asked her out.
Is she scared of getting into a relationship?
Whats the deal?

She probably doesn't want to hang out with you, or she's still with her boyfriend, or hasn't gotten over him.

Stop wasting energy thinking about her...move on, and find other girls. One thing that may work in your favor, is having this girl see other girls around you, which is the best way for her to get interested.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:57 am
Girls are all dirty minded, they only have one thing on their little pea brains . . .

shop, shop, shop . . .
0 Replies

Jack

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 01:08 pm
Yea, I guess you guys have a point. I'll just play it cool and ignore her...

thanks.

any more sugestions are welcome, especially from the ladies.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 01:09 pm
nah-ah!!! that's so not true! i'd write more but i saw there is a blowout sale of shoes on this other link and i got to boogie!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 01:25 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

good one, Dag
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 05:51 pm
shoe sale?
where?

Jack - welcome.
Speaking as a once-upon a time girl, I'd wonder if she's at the thinking-about-things-generally-stage after a break-up, and doesn't mind having you (or anyone) as a friend, but anything else would be too much right now. Asking her out mighta been too much. Be cool. Be friends, and talk to other girls too.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:20 pm
I also agree with Cav and some of the others. Maybe if you ignore her she might just change her mind. In the mean time, go out and check out the other girls ;-)

Good luck
0 Replies