Need help from an Artist

Seed

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 12:25 pm
So I can't draw a lick. Stick figures come out looking more like scoliosis victims more then anything.

Me and some friends are working on a video project and like all good production companies we have a name but we are looking to get a logo drawn. It is a rather simple logo, at least in my mind. If anyone could help out it would be great.

What I am looking for is a "Brick in a Sock" A tube sock with a brick shoved in it pretty much sums it up. With a corner or two having ripped through the fabric. Two stripes on the top of the sock red in color. If this is not an easy task I understand, just seeing if anyone can help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,918 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed

AbbieMcKenley

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 02:57 pm
@Seed,
Tried, and failed...

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/AbbieMcKenley/xxx.jpg

Haha, sorry, not very good, Smile

Here's it before i tried to edit it Wink

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/AbbieMcKenley/Sockbrik.jpg
Seed

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 03:01 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
No no, not at all that is very good. I just should have been a bit more clear on that the brick should be set at the foot of the sock. But this can be used for another logo that is being made!
AbbieMcKenley

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 03:07 pm
@Seed,
Haha okay Cool
Good luck with your video project Smile
Seed

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 03:09 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Smile thanks...
farmerman

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 05:01 pm
@Seed,
I see that you and your friends are going to be engaged in "customer relations" and "invoice dispute resolution" Its a growth area. You should have a large caroon GABONE in a shiny suit with him holding his sock with a brick at the toe.
Motto
"How can we be of service?"
Seed

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 05:08 pm
@farmerman,
Haha, thats not far from the fact of how the Brick in a Sock thing came to be. My best friend had to do some thing for a high school project way back in the day. He called it "Brick in a Sock Securities". Good memories.
farmerman

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 05:33 pm
@Seed,
In Philly, several of the old Mafia Soldatti used to use 4 rolls of quarters in a nylon stocking in a similar manner. Rolls of quarters are easier to extract from your Vicuna topcoat.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 08:55 pm
@Seed,
Is this a serious business venture? If so, hire a professional. You need a graphic artist who can interpret your idea and communicate your vision to your customers in a simple image. This is not so easy to do. People often judge a company by their first impressions - and those first impressions are often made by a logo.
Seed

Mon 11 Jan, 2010 08:59 pm
@Green Witch,
Nope, not a serious venture deal. Just friends being stupid and coming up with things to keep our time occupied is all.
0 Replies