Path of Life

Seed

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 03:51 pm
Life isn't always easy roads. It most certainly never seems to give what is asked of it and many times what it gives is not what one would ever ask for. I am sure you would be hard pressed to find someone and have their answer to the question "Did you get to where you are today, the way you thought you would" be yes.

You spend the first part of your life going to school, learning the ways of the world with the task in mind that when you get done with it, you will start the real world in a way that you see fit. But it is not often that the world will see your way and its way as something that fits together and meshes quite like you think it should. More times then not, the world's way will often over power what ever plan you have and will throw even the most planned path to the wind.

I never thought I would end up in the military. I never planned on going to war. I do not think many people plan for this. But like many plans before mine, and I am sure many plans that are to come after mine, it did not make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Where has the path of life taken you that you didn't see yourself going?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,165 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 03:59 pm
If I had been told me - even 3 years ago - that I would be a widow today, I would have laughed or spit in someone's face.

It's been a hellaofa past 2 years and 8 months.

annis

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 10:48 am
@sullyfish6,
Me too sullyfish6 I will be a widow for 2 years on 26th January! I never thought I would be bringing up 2 children on my own and doing all the things I have to do to keep going! I am 46 and now realise that life is too short and try to fit in as much as I can. I have no fear and try dare devil stuff, I don't stop doing things, this is my way of coping and keeping going.

Seed - I have a friend in the army, I helped him at school he is doing really well and am so proud of him. He has been to Afgan.

We never know what is round the corner or what ups or downs we face but you just have to make the best of what we have here and now. As long as it harms none do what you will. keep in touch and keep safe X
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 11:10 am
@Seed,
I live on the island of Hawaii. I was born in Northeastern Europe to parents who, at the time, had no plans for relocating. How did I get here? Why? No real clue.

You know, of course, the old joke about how do you make God laugh? Tell him your plans for tomorrow or next week.
0 Replies