liking someone and not knowing if he likes you

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 01:33 pm
how can you tell if a guy likes you when he knows you like him???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,045 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 01:39 pm
@daydreamer,
Why not just ask?
engineer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 01:41 pm
@daydreamer,
Is he avoiding you like the plague? If so, he knows you like him and he is avoiding you because he doesn't feel the same way. If he is not avoiding you, he is probably ok with how you feel. Is he flirting/hanging with you but won't make a move? He probably feels some attraction but may not be confident enough to ask you out. (I'm thinking teens here from your note, but you didn't specify.) Just go ask him out already and you will know your answer. There's some personal risk involved, but it's really not a big deal to be sh0t down and it's great when someone says yes.
Seed

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 02:50 pm
@engineer,
Just one problem with your last bit of advice engineer.

Girls, let alone teenage girls, hardly, if ever, ask a guy out. I say slept with his best friend and if he is jealous when he finds out then you know he likes you.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 02:54 pm
It is all about eye contact. And also the licking of lips and the furtive glance. Look for the signals.
daydreamer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 03:21 pm
@engineer,
okay to specify for you i am 13. and i have asked him out...sadly...and was my first and last time i will ever do it. he said no so by him saying that would you think he doesn't like me?? he's nice to me and is really funny. but says he doesn't like me. we sometimes look at each other, then look away. he has told some of his friends and they haven't told anyone(that i know of) so would you think that he may like me without telling anyone or denying it?? there is one thing i want to state for sure...middle school has alot of drama..maybe not that much,but you know what i mean:)
daydreamer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 03:23 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
we have looked at each other before. and i don't get what you mean by licking lips or what ever you said:) and by the way..what are the signs that he likes me??
0 Replies

daydreamer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 03:24 pm
@Reyn,
already have and he said no. so would that not mean that he doesn't like me??
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 03:25 pm
@daydreamer,
daydreamer wrote:

okay to specify for you i am 13. and i have asked him out...sadly...and was my first and last time i will ever do it. he said no so by him saying that would you think he doesn't like me??

Sadly, yes to being GF-BF, or a dating relationship.

He doesn't see that kind of "advanced relationship" (more involved) as you do. Perhaps he just likes having you around as a friend.

If I were you, I would look to other guys if you want a close relationship.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 03:29 pm
daydreamer wrote:
we have looked at each other before. and i don't get what you mean by licking lips or what ever you said:) and by the way..what are the signs that he likes me??

You are not yet at the "licking lips" stage. I did not realize you were thirteen. I say forget him and move onto targets which reciprocate your advances.
engineer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 03:37 pm
@daydreamer,
13 year old boys are not at the maturity stage of 13 year old girls (on average). He probably does like you, but he is not ready to date and you are probably scaring the hell out of him because you are. It's not what you want to hear, but you are at a great age. Enjoy it and worry about boys in a couple of years. Believe me when I tell you they will be ready then.
daydreamer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 04:06 pm
@Reyn,
okay..thanks for the advice:)
0 Replies

daydreamer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 04:08 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
k..thnks 4 advice and will look 4 other people:)
0 Replies

daydreamer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 04:10 pm
@engineer,
lol:) ty i understand and ur right about boys at 13..some are just plain imiture:)
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 08:44 pm
Yup - give him some time and spend some time with him.

"Like" for a 13 year old may mean pressure to "go together" or be committed in a way he does not want to be

So give him some space and be friends for now. Things will develop or not, so don't rush it.
0 Replies