HUSBANDS, DO YOU THINK YOUR WIFE IS AN INSPIRATION IN YOUR LIFE?

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 03:12 pm
Your question is relevant only if one feels that spouses (should, might, ought to, will, must, could, or may) inspire one another.

I was at my best when married to my husband. Did he inspire me? Hell, no. He stayed out of my way.

0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 03:12 pm
Your question is relevant only if one feels that spouses (should, might, ought to, will, must, could, or may) inspire one another.

I was at my best when married to my husband. Did he inspire me? Hell, no. He stayed out of my way.

DrewDad

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 03:17 pm
@detroittou,
I AM INSPIRED BY YOUR USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS. YOU HAVE INTUITED A WONDERFUL NEW WAY OF COMMUNICATING. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO USE THIS FORMAT, ESPECIALLY WHEN CONTACTING POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 03:21 pm
@detroittou,
Whoops, I missed that, apologies.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 03:33 pm
@sullyfish6,
Quote:

<giggling>
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 05:07 pm
I fail to see how any spouse would "inspire" another. That's a weird word to use in a relationship.

And I think this is a weird place to do research.
Sglass

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 09:24 pm
I have on occasion used a 2 x 4. But, sigh, even that doesn't work.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 10:12 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

I have on occasion used a 2 x 4. But, sigh, even that doesn't work.

Whaddaya mean it doesn't work? It inspired me to roll over and go right to sleep.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 10:28 pm
@detroittou,
what do no replies mean? the wives are falling short?
0 Replies

detroittou

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:12 am
@Mame,
All of you seem to be very open about different things, I don't see a reason for me not to do research here.
husker

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:44 am
@detroittou,
yes INSPIRATION for a divorce
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 11:12 am
Do you mean inspire in the sense of a muse? Like Rembrandt using his wife as a model for allegories and goddesses?:

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/upload/img_400/Rembrandt-Saskia-uylenburgh-arcadian-NG4930-r-half.jpg

Edgar Allen Poe was inspired to write the poem 'Annabel Lee' after his wife died.

Quote:
It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of ANNABEL LEE;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

Picasso also used his wives as inspiration. Sometimes with not very flattering results:

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03/picasso2_243x323.jpg

Just this morning I inspired my husband to take an all day winter hike with our dogs. I did this by mentioning I was planning a full out cleaning of the house and if he was around he could help me.

detroittou

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 11:32 am
@Green Witch,
Yes, this is the kind of inspiration I am talking about. I must say I feel very inspired by my wife. She is so pure. We like talking a lot to each other just about anything. She inspires me in so many different ways, and not only me, but other people as well. We do have our share of fights, sometimes we hurt each others feelings, but in the end it only makes us feel stronger for each other because we both know that we were just acting like fools. She tells me that arguing with each other and hurting each other's feelings is not healthy. Then we both recognize that we hurt each other feelings and then we both apoligize to each other. Then comes the good part...we make up. I love making my wife feel loved. That's one of the things my father always preached to me, he would always make my mother feel loved by him. He said that was the secret for their 55 years of marriage. Making each other feel loved and cared for. My wife is the only person I can really say, "she is my best friend". I love my wife tremendously. She is the only one that I know will always be there for me and I will always be there for her as well in the good and the bad.
chai2

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 11:53 am
@detroittou,
detroittou wrote:

Yes, this is the kind of inspiration I am talking about. I must say I feel very inspired by my wife. She is so pure. We like talking a lot to each other just about anything. She inspires me in so many different ways, and not only me, but other people as well. We do have our share of fights, sometimes we hurt each others feelings, but in the end it only makes us feel stronger for each other because we both know that we were just acting like fools. She tells me that arguing with each other and hurting each other's feelings is not healthy. Then we both recognize that we hurt each other feelings and then we both apoligize to each other. Then comes the good part...we make up. I love making my wife feel loved. That's one of the things my father always preached to me, he would always make my mother feel loved by him. He said that was the secret for their 55 years of marriage. Making each other feel loved and cared for. My wife is the only person I can really say, "she is my best friend". I love my wife tremendously. She is the only one that I know will always be there for me and I will always be there for her as well in the good and the bad.

I'm with GW, what is the wife supposed to inspire the husband to Do ?

I think we need some clarification of what you mean by "inspire"

You say your spouse inspires you in many ways. Care to name some of them?

What does her inspiring you have to do with the number of fights you have? Ditto with being your best friend and always being there for you?

One could say "my wifes devotion to her faith inspired me to look further into my own" or "my wifes talent in the kitchen inspired me to take a cooking class".

What the heck does "my wife inspires me, we're best friends" supposed to me?

I like sullys answer best.
I'm a better me because I have a husband, because he, in good times, is stability. His providing stability gives the freedom to explore, practice what is important to me.
If he wasn't here, in order to continue doing that, I'd have to find other props to hold up my life.
Of course that street goes both ways.

Green Witch

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 11:54 am
I think this would be a difficult question for the average man. Most men are inspired to work hard to support their family and create a safe environment for them to live, but few men are going to start writing poetry or painting masterpieces in their honor. I think you might find some answers in history about how men are influenced by women. When colonies were being developed in places like America and Australia, it became obvious that women would need to be a part of these communities to keep the men from raising too much hell. Governments looking to create new outposts realized that to get civilization up and running you needed to throw a few tough women into the mix. These pioneers recognized that women inspire men to act like grown-ups. Women motivate men to use their talents to build shelters, grow food, raise animals and protect their gene pool. Women try to prevent men from hitting each other with their fists or sharp objects. Women inspire men to move heavy things and thus create towns and villages. I am positive it was a woman's idea to move out of the caves and into stand alone housing. Women tend to cram morals and moderation down men's beer lusting throats which leads to the building of nations. Overall, it's good for both sexes.
husker

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 11:56 am
@Green Witch,
chuckles I write some poetry
0 Replies

detroittou

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 12:42 pm
@chai2,
My wife has inspired me to become a better husband and most importantly she has inspired me to listen to her openly. Before I wouldn't listen to what she had to say, now I listen more to her and her loving words inspire me so much.

Fights are never good, but in our case it makes us more stronger, but because of HER. She makes me reflect on the things that we say to each other and that inspires me to become a better husband to her. I make her feel loved by me and ditto. Therefore, with all the meaningful things that she tells me makes us more closer and with her words, warmth and compassion, she has made me say, "you are my best friend", with her inspiring words. She has inspired me to become a better husband to her and I love her more than ever.
BorisKitten

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 01:44 pm
@detroittou,
Aaawww, that's so sweet!
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 01:52 pm
Whatever . . .

The secret is to spend time with someone who allows you to be the very best person you can be. Don't become so dependent upon her that if she should leave, or god forbid, die, you cease to exist. I hope you are strengthened by her. But you must develop yourself as a person so that she admires you and wants to be by your side. Otherwise, she will bore of you.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 02:29 pm
@detroittou,
detroittou wrote:

My wife has inspired me to become a better husband and most importantly she has inspired me to listen to her openly. Before I wouldn't listen to what she had to say, now I listen more to her and her loving words inspire me so much.

Fights are never good, but in our case it makes us more stronger, but because of HER. She makes me reflect on the things that we say to each other and that inspires me to become a better husband to her. I make her feel loved by me and ditto. Therefore, with all the meaningful things that she tells me makes us more closer and with her words, warmth and compassion, she has made me say, "you are my best friend", with her inspiring words. She has inspired me to become a better husband to her and I love her more than ever.

I gotta tell ya detro, you say a lot of words, but there's no substance to them. It sounds like I reading some harlequin romance. We need a picture of a pink unicorn beside a stream here.

What is "a better husband"? Define what a good husband is.
Her loving words inspire you so much....to do or be what? this better husband you don't/won't define?

Fights are never good....I beg to differ.
There is nothing wrong with a good fight, if you have boundaries.

So these fights make you stronger....how?

You reflect on the things you say to each other.....to what result?

Frankly I don't even think you have a wife, and you're using flowery phrases with no meat behind them to fill in the pages on your sociology paper.

sully, we seem to be on the same page with this. What's your take on all this?