which beer is the best in the world?

neologist

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 01:20 am
A lot may be said for Dawn of the Red.

https://brewerianimelogs.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/999277_10101641995889040_228833755_n.jpg
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 01:29 am
What Kind Of Beer Drinker Are You?

You got: The Hop Head
For you, every IPA is an all-day IPA because that’s your beer style of choice. IPAs, double IPAs, triple IPAs — you just can’t get enough of the bitter hop fruitiness that makes the IPA a perfect draught. And hey, that ABV don’t hurt either. It only takes one good one. Long live the IPA!
izzythepush

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:09 am
@neologist,
That would probably be me too. I had three pints (ish) last night. It's sold in 500ml bottles, but I still think of it as a pint. It's not every day Saints beat Man City 4-2.

I had one of these.

http://www.wychwood.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/fire-catcher.png

Followed by one of these.

http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/146/5028403155146/IDShot_540x540.jpg

And I rounded off the evening with this.

http://craftbeerworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/image-6.jpg

And strangely enough my favourite was the weakest (fire catcher,) whilst my least favourite was the strongest, (proper job,) but they were all bloody good.
panzade

Mon 2 May, 2016 06:48 am
@izzythepush,
I imagine when Leicester City wins the League Cup there's gonna be some beer consumption.
izzythepush

Mon 2 May, 2016 07:02 am
@panzade,
Still an if. All the neutrals are rooting for Leicester. Chelsea will really want to put the kibosh on Spurs, (who need to win all three remaining games just to stand a chance,) tonight.

Personally I want us to do it. We're playing them next.
farmerman

Mon 2 May, 2016 08:20 am
@izzythepush,
Somebody said that this is like the Cubs winning the World Series, but everybody knows thatll NEVER happen
izzythepush

Mon 2 May, 2016 08:57 am
@farmerman,
I don't know anything about the Cubs or the World Series so I can't comment. Last season Leicester just survived relegation. The top four clubs normally dominate the top spots, Manchester City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea. It's very rare that a top half club like Liverpool or Tottenham would get the top spot let alone a relegation dodging club like Leicester.

The odds of them winning at the beginning of the season were 5,000-1.
farmerman

Mon 2 May, 2016 09:01 am
@izzythepush,
neither can I relate to a team named after a " Leicester " (Border Leicester is a breed of sheep over here). So I just recalled the analogy that was made on PBS this weekend.(they follow stuff like soccer for those of us that dont watch ).
izzythepush

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:29 pm
@farmerman,
Leicester is the capital of Leicestershire. That's what the sheep were named after, not the other way round. You've got things arse about tit.
farmerman

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:59 pm
@izzythepush,
I already knew that, what gave you an idea that I thought we just pulled the name Border Leicester outta our ass and you glommed the name from us? If I left you with that opinion
1either I need to bone up on my communications skills
or
2 You need to bone up on comp skills.

either way, its only sheep and soccer, nothing important

BTW We have several other breeds of sheep, Shropshire, Corriedale, Cheviot , Delaine Merino ,Cotswold, and Dorper. All of them were named with some place on the continent or the little islands of Doggerland as well as New Zealand and Oz.

izzythepush

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I already knew that, what gave you an idea that I thought we just pulled the name Border Leicester outta our ass and you glommed the name from us?

This.

farmerman wrote:
neither can I relate to a team named after a " Leicester "

farmerman wrote:
its only sheep and soccer, nothing important

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. Bill Shankly.

And Leicester are now champions after Chelsea held Spurs to a draw. A lot of people will be celebrating, after all the premiership is the most popular sporting league in the World.
farmerman

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Its like watching golf. Ever watch golf? Not much going on agree?
izzythepush

Mon 2 May, 2016 05:41 pm
@farmerman,
The World's most popular league in it's most popular sport will survive well enough without your support.

I like millions of others really enjoy it and I'm not bothered what you think. The proof's in the pudding the NFL is really pushing Gridirion, exhibition matches in London all free on the BBC but nobody's really interested. Then there's all the money spent on China.

Quote:
The NFL's China experiment was supposed to happen in 2007, in advance of the Beijing Olympics. Billed as the China Bowl, the New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks were scheduled to play a preseason game in Beijing on Aug. 9, 2007.

But fearing it wasn't ready to hold a game half a world away and knowing it might get only one chance to attract Chinese fans to a sport they didn't inherently know, the league punted. It was already about to hold its first regular-season game outside of North America, at London's Wembley Stadium between the New York Giants and Miami Dolphins. Initially, the league rescheduled the preseason game in China for 2009.

Ultimately, it canceled the game altogether. "We were nervous in our ability to execute well," said Mark Waller, the NFL's executive vice president of international. "We took the view that the longer-term strategy of playing regular-season games had to go well in the first year. If we did a first game that didn't do well, we probably wouldn't get other teams to participate."

So London took precedence.

Not anymore.

This season, the NFL will play three more regular-season games in London, bringing the total to 17 games there since 2007. There also will be one regular-season game in Mexico City in November. And by 2018, the league expects to make its long-delayed debut in China with a regular-season game.
The Los Angeles Rams are expected to be one of the teams to play in China, and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in March that the league has "multiple teams that are interested," but not everybody is crazy about the idea. Executives from teams such as the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants, two of the NFL's glamour franchises, are on the record with their objections. With so much at stake each week, there are concerns that flying half a day or more each way could put a team at a competitive disadvantage -- for that game and beyond.

The NFL is undeterred. Waller said he will visit China to scout stadiums in Beijing and Shanghai later this month. The NFL's international committee will meet at the end of April and then share its findings with ownership in May. At another owners meeting in October, the league likely will try to finalize a plan for playing a game in China in 2018.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15113342/nfl-committed-2018-regular-season-game-china-obstacles-objections<br />

And this is China's response.
Quote:
China has unveiled a strategy to become a "world football superpower" by 2050, with plans to get 50 million children and adults playing the game by 2020.

Other targets include having at least 20,000 football training centres and 70,000 pitches in place by 2020.

While China excels at the Olympics and Paralympics, it has only ever qualified for one football World Cup, in 2002.

President Xi Jinping is a football enthusiast and previously said he wants China to win the World Cup in 15 years.

The plan was published by the Chinese Football Association (in Chinese) on Monday.

It sets out short, medium and long-term targets, including ensuring there is one football pitch for every 10,000 people by 2030.

The men's football team should become one of the best in Asia, while the female football team should be ranked as a world-class team, by 2030, the plan said.

By 2050, the report added, China should be "a first-class football superpower" that "contributes to the international football world".

China's men's team currently sits 81st in the Fifa world rankings, out of 204 nations, below far smaller nations such as Haiti, Panama and Benin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-36015657<br /> <br />

Football's never been so popular, Gridiron's just playing catchup.
farmerman

Mon 2 May, 2016 07:05 pm
@izzythepush,
You seem somewhat annoyed at my attempts at humor. Believe me, Youve telegraphed your feelings about soccer for LO these many years and I, not being totally insensate , have used this knowledge for my own amusement. Perhaps I was being a bit cruel. Sorry.
farmerman

Mon 2 May, 2016 07:14 pm
@farmerman,
PS, I watch fooball when theres nothing else to do. Our foobal is nothing more than a destruction derby sans jalopies.
Im actually more amazed at the camera tricks and the setting up of the sportscasters to broadcast several flash-sequence shots during a play. They wire up the stadiums with robots and drones and CGI gizmos, so , if you are impressed by the technology of broadcast sciences , American Fooball is much better than a destruction derby.

cicerone imposter

Mon 2 May, 2016 07:27 pm
@farmerman,
So true! You can watch the quarter back up front and personal while they're playing the game. Amazing stuff. BTW, I'm not that much of a sports fan, but my wife watches almost everything including golf.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Mon 2 May, 2016 08:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
... the NFL is really pushing Gridirion, exhibition matches in London all free on the BBC but nobody's really interested.

As you know, the vast majority of Americans could not care less about whether Brits enjoy our football.

Unlike, FM, I enjoy soccer -- both playing and watching. And I like watching football too. And I like drinking beer.
izzythepush

Tue 3 May, 2016 01:34 am
@Ticomaya,
And the majority of people around the world couldn't care less whether or not Americans like football. The truth is that despite all the money spent by the NFL when push came to shove China chose the World Cup over the World Series
izzythepush

Tue 3 May, 2016 01:43 am
@farmerman,
Sorry I didn't realise you were joking. Not everyone over here likes talking about football.

panzade

Tue 3 May, 2016 05:50 pm
Jamie Vardy is something to watch