I want to adopt her.

Swimpy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 02:12 pm
http://tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com/

13-year old fashionista, Tavi is a self proclaimed style rookie who blogs about fashion from the northern suburbs of Chicago. She is fabulous.

Just thought I'd share.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,152 • Replies: 9

Swimpy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 02:17 pm
@Swimpy,
One of her links is to Spencer Tweedy's Blog http://spencertweedy.com/

Jeff Tweedy's kid. Gawd, I'm old!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 02:24 pm
I'm thinking the internet is giving brilliant, artistic kids a huge audience. Wonderful stuff. I'm pissed I didn't have an outlet like that when i was growing up.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 02:33 pm
@panzade,
I think of that too, Pan. Not just kids, but a whole chunk of creative, intelligent humanity who now has a showcase for their ideas. Sure there is a lot of junk mixed in, but genius often rises to the surface for all to see. I'm amazed at some of the "amateur" videos, mini films, music, writing, art etc. that might never have been created or appreciated if computer technology didn't exist. It's a whole new world and I for one really like it.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 02:41 pm
@Green Witch,
I've read that fashion bloggers are taking up some front seats at the shows and that the old scene reporters/reviewers such as major fashion editors are getting all ruffled about it...
Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 02:55 pm
@ossobuco,
I guess the fashion editors will have to start becoming as interesting as the bloggers.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 02:57 pm
@Green Witch,
They have a time related problem re the magazine publishing..
I only follow blogs myself, and not many of those.
panzade

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:02 pm
@Green Witch,
good point. I agree 100%
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:05 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't see much future for print information and eventually all these writers will have to find a way to make a living on-line (or at least I hope they can). I think this is a world that's quickly becoming a place of many more voices and the previous dictators of opinion will continue to have more competition. It's electronic Darwinism.
Swimpy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:44 pm
@Green Witch,
My friend has a four year old who is very interested in fashion. We watch Project Runway together and she is glued to it. I think young Miss J will be stylin' when she's 13 as well.

0 Replies