68% favor offshore drilling (Rasmussen)

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 11:07 am
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/offshore_drilling/68_favor_offshore_oil_drilling

Quote:
...But far more dramatic is the divide between Mainstream voters and the Political Class, voters who tend to trust political leaders more than the public at large and are far less skeptical about government. While 76% of Mainstream voters support offshore drilling, 70% of the Political Class are opposed to it. ...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 589 • Replies: 8
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 11:34 am
@gungasnake,
responsible drilling. I dont like any drilling on continental slopes. Id also like to see some more directional gas drilling. Weve seen that the drilling in PA is reporting initial finds much greater than expected originally, so we could turn ourselves into a natural gas or propane economy for a hundred years or more if this trend keeps going.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 11:49 am
Kinda nice if this could translate into 70% of the electorate joining me in voting against democrats next year....
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:05 am
@gungasnake,
There are plenty of DEmocrats who support responsible and environmentally safe drilling (Just not the stupid Macainian "Drill drill drill" ****). That was ill conceived and idiotic because some of the states with the most restrictive drilling rules are RULED BY REPUBLICANS. Like Florida, Its been the toughest ofhore drilling state in the union. WHile PA is almoat bending over backward to invite drilling IN, (The government exec is a DEMOCRAT formwr mayor of Philadelphia).

WHen science is held captive to religious or political dogma, it suffers mightily and so do we. YOU are a living example example of my statement gunga. Your beliefs counter what real science says and then you have thi ass backward view of how the political world works.

After 8 years of GOP fuckin over our world and the economy, you want em BACK?
I love the way that the GOP has transferred the whole economy debacle to OBAMA . Yet , despite all the FOX efforts, it appears that the economy is slowly turning around to recovery . Too Bad we didnt get into a depression so that you could have complete anarchy no?

In the next election, Im gonna ask, why didnt the GOP lend any kind of hand in turning the economy around? can you help me on that?
oolongteasup

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:16 am
@farmerman,
uhuh, yeah agreed cepting all politics is right k

i'm p ing into the wind expecting a new clear day
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:20 am
@oolongteasup,
Gunga is precious in that he sees the world through some pink colred right wing mind set. I think listening to a steady diet of Rush Limbaugh does that to the mind. It takes away the ability to reason with yourself and turns one into a crap ingesting automaton who spits back Free Republic schit.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:22 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
After 8 years of GOP fuckin over our world and the economy, you want em BACK?

I've got a half dozen or so real issues with pubbies; pretty nearly everything dems ever do or think about doing is some sort of an issue for me. Unless there is some compelling and unusual reason to do something else, I vote against democrats but what I'd really like to have would be some sort of a voters' bill of rights starting with instant runoff elections for all public offices, which would allow us to vote for first choices, at least on first ballots, without feeling we were simply electing our last choice by doing so.

The last time I ever voted for a democrat for anything, and I'd do so again under the same circumstances was when Doug Wilder ran for governor of Va. against Marshall Coleman who may still hold the record for most brain-dead candidate pubbies have ever sponsored for public office in Va.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:27 am
@gungasnake,
Yer leaning toward a PArliamentary system? Runoffs seem ok on the surface but they too can merely turn over the result to better funded interest groups.

We are, unfortunately, the leading example of campaign funding gone awry.

AS far as drilling, what's yer abswer to the fact that GOP countries have more strict rules to control drilling than do most others (louisiana of today excluded. EVEN though La. developed its policies under successive Dem administrations, the idipt there now is just riding the crest of the Evangelical waves of the 90"s)
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:20 am
@gungasnake,
Regardless of their results for off shore drilling, I'm surprised that a company that bills themselves as a reputable polling firm would make up such a ridiculous category as "political class". It seems like they are creating a new term, assigning all sorts of negative traits to it and then lumping anyone they want into it so that they can make some sort of point. I'd expect to see something like this on political talk radio, but not in a press release by a firm that claims to do independent polling.
0 Replies