catch = ?

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:50 am

Context:
Still, there are other options. Amos Ori, a physicist at the Technion in Israel, has been working on a time-travel scheme in which all you need is to harness the power of gravity to build a time-travelling path through space-time. It's also conceivable that the universe has done this on its own, so that our 23rd-century travellers could fly through a warped region of space-time and eventually pop out far in the past.

The catch, though, is that they wouldn't be able to control where and when they'd be going. The idea that Santa's friends from the future would be able to even land on Earth is seriously suspect.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 420 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fresco

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 09:54 am
@oristarA,
catch=problem
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 11:08 am
@oristarA,
Fresco is right and if I may, let me add that it is a tricky or previously unsuspected condition or drawback. def.

For example: If you are offered a new credit card that seems too good to be true and you read the fine print that states the annual percentage rate is 33%...that's the catch.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 10:24 pm
Thank you both
0 Replies