Pope knocked down by woman at Christmas Mass

djjd62

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 03:51 pm
Pope knocked down by woman at Christmas Mass
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

VATICAN CITY -- A Vatican spokesman says a woman jumped the barriers in St. Peter's Basilica and knocked down Pope Benedict XVI as he walked down the main aisle to begin Christmas Eve Mass.

The Rev. Ciro Benedettini said the pope quickly got up and was unhurt. Benedict, 82, calmly resumed his walk to the basilica's main altar and began the Mass late Thursday.

Benedettini said the woman who pushed the pope appeared to be mentally unstable and had been arrested by Vatican police. He said she also knocked down Cardinal Roger Etchegaray, who was taken to hospital for a check up.

i guess after years of telling women to get knocked up, this was bound to happen
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,478 • Replies: 4
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 04:01 pm
This morning, the phrase, Pope on a rope, entered my head and recurred throughout the day. Think there may be a correlation to your story?
Seed

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 04:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
what ever convict in prison needs, Pope/Soap on a rope
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 04:51 pm
awesome
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 05:27 pm
Anyone who's read my posts on the subject knows this is an unfavorite pope (er, one of many, but not all) for me, but as with Berlusconi, also an unfavorite of mine, it's so not the way to handle aggravation with him to attack his person.

I'm not nattering at y'all for the comments, am enjoying them.
0 Replies