Vandleism! Work makes you free.

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 06:48 am
Regarding the sign < Arbeit macht frei > = <Work makes you free>
If you are the person or people that stole the sign over the gate of Auschwitz Nazi work camp in Poland, you are an Ass hole! That sign belongs to me you and the whole world.
Give it back, You made a mistake. The sign is no use to you if you keep it eventually you will be caught. The best thing you could do is leave it some where it can be found.
Auschwitz, Nazi work camp is where more than one million people where murdered for being Communists, pacifists, Gypsy's, but most of the people where in Auschwitz for there religious beliefs they were Jewish.
Auschwitz, and its sign is physical evidence of mans in humanity to man. All through history there have been many genocides, but very little physical evidence remanes. The Spanish, in South America, The British, in North America, and Australia, The Chinese in Tibet, The Chinese in China, The Japanese, in China, The Americans, in Cambodia,and Pol Pot, in Cambodia, Not to forget the Jews, in Occupied Palestine, To name a few. Literature is not enough, because it can be lies or propaganda. In Germany, such writers are called Holocaust Deniers, In Occupied Palestine, these people that write lies about the state of Israel's historic right to be in Palestine, are called historians.
My question is doe's any one know where the sign is?
Dardardit,
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,715 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Francis

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 06:57 am
Nothing change...

The Vandals are best known for their sack of Rome in 455.

dardardit

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 07:40 am
@Francis,
Yes that's true, and nothing changes but people need reminding, and The Vandals, are also a good band. We still have to blame someone the Vandals will do.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 11:36 am
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

Nothing change...

The Vandals are best known for their sack of Rome in 455.

Right. They also settled down in a portion of present-day Spain which is why we call that province (V)Andalusia.
Francis

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 11:58 am
@Merry Andrew,
Could be, Merry, but:

Quote:
The name was traditionally believed to be derived from "Vandal" (the Germanic tribe that colonized parts of Iberia from 407 to 429), however, there is no historical evidence to support this.

You can find the main thesis here
McTag

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 02:33 pm

In yesterdays paper:

Poland declares state of emergency after 'Arbeit Macht Frei' stolen from Auschwitz

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/dec/18/auschwitz-arbeit-macht-frei-sign
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 05:38 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

Could be, Merry, but:

Quote:
The name was traditionally believed to be derived from "Vandal" (the Germanic tribe that colonized parts of Iberia from 407 to 429), however, there is no historical evidence to support this.

You can find the main thesis here

Damn, another one of my basic core beliefs shot down by some research. Damn!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 02:21 am
Police find 'Arbeit Macht Frei' sign
dardardit

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:28 am
@Francis,
Hi Francis,
Yes I heard that, five men have been caught with the sign chopped into five bits. What a bunch of dummy's.
I said they would get caught Oh well.
Dardardit,
McTag

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 01:36 pm
@dardardit,
Neo-Nazi bomb plot linked to Auschwitz sign theft

Thieves contracted by a neo-Nazi group that planned to sell sign to fund attacks in Sweden, newspaper claims

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/dec/30/auschwitz-sign-stolen-terror-plot
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:15 pm
@McTag,
This gets more and more bizarre by the minute!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:24 pm
Society is fascinated by evil, and Nazi memorabilia is a best seller.: there had been a this week at eBay eBay an auction of an "Arbeit Macht Frei" sign, touted as "similar to the one in Auschwitz." The sign was put on sale by a Pennsylvania resident using the moniker "SS panzergrenadier."
"For sale is a sign in German meaning 'Work for freedom' that dates back to the 1700's and was used in many Nazi concentration camps. It was designed specifically from the sign over the main gate at Auschwitz. It measures about 7 feet long and is made from 1/4 round bar steel with 1/8 x 3/4 steel lettering...Note: Gate is not included."
dardardit

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 07:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Hi Walter Hinteler,
Re: Nazi, Memorabilia being a best seller.
I have often thought about this. not long after ww2 the biker gangs started up. They would often use swastikas as a rebellious badge. I have heard 'gay men say that the Nazis, had the best uniforms, and gentlemen prefer blonds.
I think it go deeper than this, in our subconscious we know that the Nazis, came very close to wining the war. For a lot of people they see the way their country is changing,with people from other parts of the would doing better than they are. They think if the Nazis, had won things would be better.
This is why we had a plague of skin heads in the UK, back in the seventy's.
Funny the skin heads would use the Nazi, solute, but did not use the iron cross, or the swastika, as a badge.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 07:43 am
@McTag,
Hi McTag,
Re: Nazi, bomb plot, If someone wants to make a bomb, it is very easy. If the would be bomber get found out before they get the chance to blow their bomb. Its because they don't really wont to go through with their plot.
That chap with the shoe bomb on a plain. didn't won't to die.
Regarding Nazi, Wankers dreaming of a revival taking the sign. Work make you free. This was not well thought out. Because what could they do with it. The sign to have its full value, must be where it has always been. After all what if some nicked Stone Henge. Once the stones have gone they become worthless. This is why the Parthenon Marbles/Elgin, Marbles should go back to Greece.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 06:53 am
@dardardit,
dardardit wrote:

My question is doe's any one know where the sign is?
Dardardit,

CRAP! I found the sign in question. I was using it as a coaster the whole time. My face is sooooo red now.
0 Replies