north

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 05:14 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:
What I mean is that reality is a phenomenon of consciousness.

and what I mean is that your wrong

for example

if in fact reality is a phenomenon of consciousness then explain why we have ologies. the study of

explain why then mercury , the element , is the way it is

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 05:33 pm
@north,
Quote:
If you don't understand the basic theory that lies behind my statement, how do you suppose you will be able to understand any explanation I give you about mercury, based on this theory?

I am afraid that unless you take a step outside of your comfortzone you will never be able to entertain notions that go beyond naive-realistic superstition.

Here, check this out. The first part is painfully repetitive, but it's probably a good thing considering how unwilling you are to even explore alternatives to your own beliefs.

Cyracuz asks north:
Quote:
Btw, why do you put your entire posts into quoteboxes? Is it so people will have to take the trouble to spell out your crap if they want to quote you?
north

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 06:37 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:
If you don't understand the basic theory that lies behind my statement, how do you suppose you will be able to understand any explanation I give you about mercury, based on this theory?

I am afraid that unless you take a step outside of your comfortzone you will never be able to entertain notions that go beyond naive-realistic superstition.

Here, check this out. The first part is painfully repetitive, but it's probably a good thing considering how unwilling you are to even explore alternatives to your own beliefs.

or you are

Cyracuz asks north:
Quote:
Btw, why do you put your entire posts into quoteboxes? Is it so people will have to take the trouble to spell out your crap if they want to quote you?

no , can't quite figure this out yet but working on it
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 06:42 pm
@north,
Did you even watch the video?

How do you relate to the claims it puts forth?
north

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 06:44 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Did you even watch the video?

How do you relate to the claims it puts forth?

what video ?
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 06:48 pm
@north,

This video

north

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 07:23 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

don't agree

first information is within the electromagnetic wave from an object , hence we see what we see

second the brain before it is a brain is made of the energy /matter in the first place

inotherwords the brain is the consequence of energy/matter , the evolution of living things

because the enviroment allows this to happen

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 08:10 pm
@north,
Do you think that the scientists who have made these discoveries don't know this?

And yet they say what they say. Do you think you are the smartest man in the world then?
north

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 09:58 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Do you think that the scientists who have made these discoveries don't know this?

And yet they say what they say. Do you think you are the smartest man in the world then?

I say what I say
0 Replies

north

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 11:31 pm
Quote:
first information is within the electromagnetic wave from an object , hence we see what we see

notice that we get a huge amount electomagnetic spectrum info. all at the same moment , all at the time , our living room for example , greens , white , black , yellow , oranges , reds and perhaps inbetween and we distinguish , one object to the next , consistantly

all going to the same place as a single wave length of light would , in our brain

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 12:11 am
@north,
The problem with objects is more like an epistemic one...can you describe all the potential functions in it? That is the issue...
north

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 12:20 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

The problem with objects is more like an epistemic one...can you describe all the potential functions in it? That is the issue...

explain

objects are the foundation of all things

from galaxies to the moon

and of life

but life is also differnet , life is a different energy , it is always there and everywhere

life takes root were life can

but life needs a certain enviroment in which to grow

from air to Earth nutrients

that is what life has on this planet

at least the possiblity of life , more than that , has life

so the objects are part of the foundation of life , but not the whole picture

hence our planet

north

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 01:01 am

Quote:
so the objects are part of the foundation of life , but not the whole picture

hence our planet as opposed the moon

our planet has life

the moon doesn't

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 09:41 am
@north,
Hi North!
...bare in mind that the "objects" one is speaking of are concepts of objects...
...its not even the question of if these concepts refer or not refer to actual things, but rather, in where to what they refer its either in the mind or out the mind which as world contains the mind who contains the objects who again are contained in the world...

As concepts, either more or less extended, objects still are things which are actual in whatever medium they are...the extension or the size they have is limited by our knowing on their operational functionality at least as concept objects...since objects beyond our computable concept of them are actually ultra-objects with an almost if not infinite amount of functions and therefore potential meanings...

...that all to say that in or out the mind probably is irrelevant...either way they are actual, since they are what they are...

...to say also:

...if to consider all potential its true then HARD DETERMINISM its fact, since all possible is actual in whatever space time or multiverse there can be...

even as concepts they have a huge potential scope in description although smaller then the actual if actual objects as outside objects, since they would still be actual even if in mind, well never mind !...
...imagine for instance that a coca-cola bottle can be a nut-hammer for a chimpanzee, or even a blunt weapon, and so on...
...in this regard the operationality/functionality/meaning of the object can eventually be extended directly to all the local potential agents in its radius scope having a specific algorithmic relation to every single one including parts and sub-parts (atoms) thus being many in one...and if we are to go indirect then a potential relation with the entire reality...somehow the part equals the whole via function which makes it what it REALLY is...
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 12:26 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

I have my own definition, but I'd like to hear others first.
Now ..after all this derailing and spat I would like PQ to give his version of that he defines intelligence to be.
talk72000

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 08:49 pm
@HexHammer,
Quote:
PQ to give his version

PQ is a 21 year old female graduate.
HexHammer

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 09:06 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Quote:
PQ to give his version

PQ is a 21 year old female graduate.
PQ is a dude untill I see irrefudeable evidence, which will most likely NEVER happen!
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 09:17 pm
@talk72000,
I'm nearly 23 now.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 09:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well there's not too much point as it has been put more succinctly by others:
I liked Cycloptichorn's definition
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The ability to conceptualize the past and to use that data to make affirmative predictions about the future. This is what separates us from the animals; understanding the 4th dimension, time, on a theoretical level and applying that understanding to effectively control the uncontrollable future.

Cycloptichorn

I also liked Cy's broader definition 'the process of creating one's own reality' although when I thought about the question originally I was thinking more about intelligence within humanity, although I didn't state it.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:21 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
No those are not definitions of Intelligence, those are clichés spelling the obvious and not an inch beyond that...rather rock the boat then fall for that kind of small talk...