''War Wounded Soldiers''

dardardit

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 05:17 am
@Setanta,
Hi Sentanta,
I am not sure why you think I was being rude to Miss Olga, I was asked where I got my information from, and I did that, as best I could. Without writing to ABC radio,
Anyway it is interesting to see where this Wounded Soldiers'' thing has gone. It looks like you have a pet hate for Micheal Moor. I didn't know that people can just say thing that arn't true without litigation.
You can't get away with that in Australia.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 05:39 am
You're rather naive. People can say things in a manner which distorts the truth, without leaving themselves open to lawsuits. If Michael Moore makes remarks which disparage the Veterans Administration, who do you propose is going to sue him? Additionally, Moore has millions of dollars. Do you really suppose the government is going to spend millions of tax payer dollars on a doubtful law suit? Quite apart from that, they would be giving him free publicity.

I don't have a "pet hate" for Mr. Moore. You seem given to extremes of expression. You were rude to Miss Olga because of your sarcastic response, and the foul language you used in responding to her. That's because you seem unable to express yourself without going to extremes. Such as saying that i have a "pet hate" for Michael Moore. Knowing that he distorts the content of his films for political purposes, knowing that his only concern is to promote his political agenda, and to promote his films so that he makes millions more dollars is simply acknowledging reality, it is not expressing hatred. I don't trust him, but that doesn't mean i hate him.
dardardit

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 05:48 am
@Setanta,
Setanta,
You must be lonely! Good night.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 05:52 am
See, you're a sarcastic son-of-a-bitch, i won't miss you.

It's morning in the western hemisphere, dipshit.
dardardit

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 02:28 pm
@Setanta,
Hi Sentanta,
Good morning ''lonely! You live on the 'Northern hemisphere. So your lost and lonely. Are isn't that sad I think you protest to much.
Dardardit,
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 02:56 pm
@dardardit,
Setanta do you know off hand how many aircraft carriers we lost keeping this fool grandfathers safe from a Japanese invasion?
Setanta

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 04:32 pm
@dardardit,
English is not your first language, huh? Are you aware that what you've written makes no sense in English? Not that opaque stupidity is anything new with you in your short career here.
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 06:42 pm
@Setanta,
You are a cute little guy......................
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:10 am
@BillRM,
Hi BillRA,
I don't think I have met you before. Not that it matters this is only talk.
I found this site. as I was looking for advice on how to skin a cat, and up came all these oddballs on this site. looking at the lame crap the most of you say. I am only guessing now , as I can't see any of you. I would say that this site is mainly frequented by 'well to do American, house wife's, and poodle hugging New York Home's. OH! by the way Huger I was not born in Australia, most Australians were born some where ells. So keep guessing.
Yes when I saw you chaps, I thought I would throw a fire cracker in the hen house, and see what happens. Nothing up sets Americans more than having a go at their silly war's.
And look what happened. You chaps have been tying your balls in a not trying to have a go. While I am on the subject of American wars. Did you know that Americans, have never won a war on their own?
Did you know that you have had two White Houses, The first one was burnt down by the Canadians. I bet you did not know that. Look it up on the net
After the French, and Spanish, helped you kick the British, out. The Americans, got too big for their boot and invaded Canada. Yes and the Canadians, kicked your bottoms all the way back to Washington, just to fined the White house empty. So they burnt it. Now we all know that America, Big tough America, got their big bottom's kicked in Vietnam, by the small rice eating brave Vietnamese. Now you are going to get your bottoms kicked again in Iraq, and Afghanistan. OK Poodle Huger's Good night. Dardardit,
dardardit

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:43 am
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
No I don't know how many aircraft carriers ''WE'' lost do tell me.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 06:59 am
@dardardit,
Let see do I know simple American history yes and the White House was rebuild not replaced. Some very bad US Generals indeed in that war.

Hmm off hand we needed help winning the 1840 Mexico war or th 1898 Spanish-American war for example? Or forcing the French out of Mexico by threatening them with military force if they did not pack up and leave at once after the Civil War free up our military?

Second we have very little help indeed in dealing with the Japanese Empire in WW2. We in fact ask England for some of their aircraft carriers for the battle of Middle Way and they refused to provide them. We did 90 percent of the heavy lifting when it came to the Japanese at the same time most of our effects was going to Europe.

BillRM

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 07:53 am
Given that in 1812 we was fighting the then world superpower I do not think we did badly at all. If we had some good generals at the start in the Canada campaign we would had likely even won Canada from the British Empire!

http://www.jmu.edu/madison/gpos225-madison2/war1812.htm

In 1814, the British defeated the U.S. forces at the Battle of Bladensburg and burned the White House. But the British victory was more important for its impact on morale than for its strategic value. The same British force was turned back both on land and sea at Baltimore. The American defense of Fort McHenry was to inspire Francis Scott Key to write the words to the Star Spangled Banner.

In response to the embarrassment at Washington, Madison forced the resignation of the Secretary of War, John Armstrong. After a delay, Madison appointed Monroe to the post. Monroe thus served simultaneously as Secretary of State and Secretary of War.

That same year, disaster loomed as 10,000 experienced British troops under command of Sir George Prevost marched from Montreal along Lake Champlain and down the Hudson Valley toward New York City with the intention of cutting the country in two. The British had attempted the same strategy in the Revolutionary War with an army of 9,500 marching south under General John Burgoyne: the Hudson Valley invited this strategy. However, on September 11, 1814, an American fleet commanded by Captain Thomas Macdonough destroyed the British fleet on Lake Champlain. The British army, with its lines of communication and supply jeopardized, fought poorly and retreated into Canada. (Perhaps Prevost remembered that Burgoyne had been forced to surrender the 5,000 man remnant of his army at Saratoga.)

Ten thousand British regulars had accomplished nothing except to galvanize the Americans to seize control of Lake Champlain. In addition, the British had lost control of Lake Erie and suffered defeat at the Battle of the Thames the year before. Tecumseh, the great Native-American leader died at the Battle of the Thames and with him died the last hopes for an alliance of the Nations of the U.S. territories. When the Duke of Wellington, hero of the European wars. proved reluctant to take command of British forces in North America, the British decided to end the war without making territorial claims. The U.S. was happy to emerge from the war without losses, and the peace treaty, the Treaty of Ghent (December 24, 1814), provided for essentially the status quo ante bellum (the situation before the war).

By the end of the War of 1812, it was regarded as a great success and set off an outburst of national patriotism. Three of our great icons -- the Star Spangled Banner, "Old Ironsides," and Uncle Sam -- date from this war. The two victorious generals of the west, Andrew Jackson (New Orleans) and William Henry Harrison (Tippecanoe and the Thames), would go on to be the seventh and ninth Presidents of the United States respectively.
Left: Uncle Sam by James Montgomery Flagg.

BillRM

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:16 pm
@dardardit,
Did you know that you have had two White Houses, The first one was burnt down by the Canadians. I bet you did not know that. Look it up on the net
After the French, and Spanish, helped you kick the British, out. The Americans, got too big for their boot and invaded Canada. Yes and the Canadians, kicked your bottoms all the way back to Washington, just to fined the White house empty. So they burnt it. Now we all know that America, Big tough America, got their big bottom's kicked in Vietnam, by the small rice eating brave Vietnamese. Now you are going to get your bottoms kicked again in Iraq, and Afghanistan. OK Poodle Huger's Good night. Dardardit,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love the people postings full of hate from little and unimportant nations on the internet that we had created in the first place.
dardardit

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:40 pm
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
Come on you can do better than that. What little nation are you talking about. Anyway I don't hate any one.
I think I'll move on to another subject this one has drifted into meaningless drivel.
Thank you showing me what hurts you.
Dardardit,
BillRM

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 07:32 pm
@dardardit,
Little man from a little and unimportant nation.

Hell you owe the US and US citizens not only your internet connection but the very electric power grid that allow you to try to spread your nonsense. Bet it is GE dynamos working away at your power plants at this moment.

Most of your technology and even your freedom for the Japanese Empire you have a debt to the good old USA little man.

The world would be a far sadder and darker place without the USA existing.
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 08:35 pm
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
No America, did not fight the Japanese on their own.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 09:26 pm
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
I just found this reply, and you have done your home work. You have got all the dates, Facts. Well most. The reason Americans, were able to kick the British out of America, was the rifle, Americans had it and the British, didn't.
The reason the Canadians, Kicked the Americans, out of Canada, was the Canadians, had the rifle, and good leadership.
So I must say you have been honest, and swallowed your pride on this one
Well done.
The point is no one 'wins' a war. Its a bit like going to a fair and wining a
doll by knocking a coconut over with a ball. You won a doll, and get to prove to the girl your with that you are a good hunter. Yes but what did you win ? A doll you don't really wont, that you paid far more than it is worth.
When the Russians, took Finland, they lost 9 Million men doing it, ''I think'' Churchill, Said victory at such a cost is not a victory''.
I am still waiting for your comments on Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan,
The only way a war can be won is to get in quick take what you want, and get out quick! Then you can say you have won. If you stay then it starts to cost.
Please do not reply to this I am sick of this game. YOU WIN OK!
Dardardit,
0 Replies