''War Wounded Soldiers''

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 05:51 am
Hi about ten years ago I was injured at work in Brisbane Australia. It was the company's fault , and they went kicking and screaming all the way to the bank, but they did pay me a lot of money.
Now Americans, and Australians, are in the same wars again, and I was shocked to fined that American, soldiers wounded in Iraq, or Afghanistan, get sent home, and they have to look after them self's. A lot of these young people end up homeless. To me this is just wrong. I don't think our soldiers should be at these two wars, but that's another talk.
These soldiers are bravely fighting and all they get is a medal. I would like to know what some Americans think of this?
Dardardit,
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,912 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 11:10 am
@dardardit,
Zdrastyi, tovarisch.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 01:18 pm
@dardardit,
and all they get is a medal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nonsense and completely untrue as I know men myself who are getting a military pensions due to thier service cause disabilities.

Why are you positng such silliness that you know will be challenge within minutes?
mysteryman

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 05:25 pm
@dardardit,
I was wounded in Iraq, and I get a rather good pension from the govt, along with free healthcare.
Your entire premise is a lie, and I think you knew that.
dardardit

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 05:37 pm
@BillRM,
Hi and thank you for replying. It took one day for your reply. If what I said is not true. I am sorry.
I got my maybe twisted facts from ABC, NEWS. TIME, Michael Moore.
dardardit.
dardardit

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 05:44 pm
@BillRM,
Hi and thank you for replying. It took one day for your reply. If what I said is not true. I am sorry.
I got my maybe twisted facts from ABC, NEWS. TIME, Michael Moore. Why am I putting such thing on line. Well life is short and stumbling on this site last week I see people talking about cats, and cooky's. So why not say some thing makes people mad.
dardardit.
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 11:45 pm
@mysteryman,
Hi Mysteryman,
Thank you for your reply. I did reply to your message directly as a matter of respect, you are not just a 'blogger'. You are a soldier.
For some reason the long message I sent to you didn't get published. I can only think that able2know didn't like what I said and stopped the message. This is a shame.
Dardardit,
msolga

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 02:00 am
@dardardit,
Quote:
I got my maybe twisted facts from ABC, NEWS. TIME, Michael Moore.

Could you supply links from your sources, please.

I'd be interested to read them.

I can't imagine any of those sources giving completely incorrect information.
roger

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 02:34 am
@dardardit,
dardardit wrote:

I can only think that able2know didn't like what I said and stopped the message. This is a shame.
Dardardit,

Whatever happened, that isn't it. This site tolerates everything except spam.
BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 04:21 am
@dardardit,
No I do not think anyone is censoring you as the one very bright spot for this website is you can even insult the webmaster and remain uncensor as I had done just that more then once when I were under the impression that such was call for.

Second my fan club here is far far out weight by people who for some strange reason do not agree with my great insights.

Be that as it may we surely do have problems in how we treat our vets and that had been given public airing from time to time but no where to the degree your first posting claim.

We do for the most part give both pensions and health care for our men and now women who had harmed in the service of the US.

Sometimes we fall short in keeping this promise and people had fallen between the cracks but all and all we do not do all that bad of a job and we surely do not walk away from our vets.
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 05:06 am
@msolga,
Hi Msolga,
Re: your request for my Quotes. Yes I think I can do this.
give me a bit of time to look up Michael Moore, as for TIME, maybe I still have the Mag on Afghanistan, I don't trash Time mags. So I must still have. Now ABC, radio That's Australian, news radio, and ABC National no I can't do much with that. OK Msolga, Iwill address any reply on this topic to you.
Dardardit.
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 05:15 am
@roger,
Hi Roger, Tanks for that , that is good news. I am on Sat Internet, it doesn't always work if its over cast.
So I can say 'anything' OK, I will but not just now, as I am in enough trouble.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:43 am
@msolga,
Hi Msolga,
I said I would get back to you with my sources/quotes regarding ABC, radio National say that Irac, veterans , represent the highest number of new homeless.
I don't see how I can prove or dis prove I heard that. Well I did. I did go through my stuff on Micheal Moor, and found a DVD, I picked up in Kutta Beach Bali, called Fahrenheit 9/11. I got to Kutta, just in time to hear the second bomb go off. It reminded me of London, when I was a kid and the IRA bombs. OK, anyway Fahrenheit 9/11, if you can get a copy, the last part of the DVD, ''Mr Moor, Bush , wanted to cut combat soldiers pay 33% and assistants to their family's by 60%. Bush closing Veterans hospitals . doubling prescription costs for veterans. What why should they pay any thing? I get all my scripts free! OK, my am was to hear what Americans think of the way their return soldiers are treated. not to insult Americans, or 'lie' to you . As for Bush, he's a war criminal.
Dardardit.
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:59 am
@mysteryman,
Hi Mysteryman,
I hope your wounds aren't permanent. If you get free health care, then what is all this stuff that Micheal Moor, is going on about in Fahrenheit 9/11 ?
Moor, say's you have to pay.
Dardardit,
Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:18 am
Michael Moore is not an unbiased source. He has his own political agenda. While many veterans and veterans groups complain about government services, that doesn't mean that there are none.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:24 am
@dardardit,
Michael Moore is an ass.
He makes his movies from his own biased perspective.

I lost 2 fingers in Iraq, along with some other minor wounds.
I was a medic with the marines and I was wounded trying to save a wounded marine.
He lived, BTW.
I can go to the VA hospitals and clinics for free, but I do pay a small co-pay for my prescriptions.
Having said that, let me clarify that.
Any service related injury, or illness is covered for free by the VA haspitals, but for anything else I do pay a small fee.
msolga

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:31 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Michael Moore is an ass.
He makes his movies from his own biased perspective

Just about all political commentary is biased.

Whether you consider someone an "ass" or not depends on whether you agree with their perspective or not.

dardardit

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:12 am
@mysteryman,
Hi Mysteryman,
Thanks for getting back to me so soon I was just going to bed, and I'm sorry that you lost some fingers.
I got my injury working in a meat works. Nothing like fighting , and not having been tested I am not sure if I could. I was run over by a fork lift. At the time although it hurt I got up and kept working I needed the job. after eight months I couldn't walk, and was told that I may not walk again, It scared me more when they said I may not get a stiff'y again if the op'' didn't work took an operation on my spine, it took six months, and I can't run. but I can walk, and the stiff'y's OK,
Dardardit,
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:31 am
@msolga,
Hi Msolga,
Just about all political commentary is biased !
Well yes, but that's a bit like having some one tied to a tree and putting pins under their nails. They say stop it you are hurting me. So you say your just being biased. YES I'm being F*****G! biased.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:41 am
That was unnecessarily rude. Miss Olga has never been rude to you, your remarks were uncalled for.

Mysteryman and i do not agree politically. In fact, in the American political spectrum, we are at opposite ends. This doesn't change some facts, though. Michael Moore is biased, and he attempts to claim that his biases are facts, and portrays his filmed political screeds as truthful documentary. I don't agree with MM that Michael Moore is an idiot--after all, he's gotten very rich peddling his drivel to a crowd of people who will pay good money to see movies he makes telling them what they want to hear.

But MM is correct--the government pay all the costs to veterans for conditions arising from war wounds. And both MM and Miss Olga are correct in describing Michael Moore as biased. Personally, i wouldn't trust the man to tell me the correct time of day if i asked him.