What Did Jesus Sacrifice?

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 05:49 pm
If you drink a six pack, get behind the wheel and then get pulled over by the police, they will consider you legally drunk, and you'll be in deep ****.

The word is pejorative, only one "r"-- P E J O R A T I V E. It's hardly my fault that you didn't find it in your dictionary if you didn't spell it correctly.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 09:16 pm
@Setanta,
Maybe she was looking up pergatory.

Wink
0 Replies

jesusBastard

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 10:27 pm
@Setanta,
NOPE, its just not in there. Webster didnt consider it to really be a word that people would need. I'll give you points for creativity, but I give Archie Bunker points, and he just made things up as he went. Creativity isnt alwasy rewarded with meaning. I spelled it right. It just isnt in the dictionary. WAY TO BE CREATIVE!!!!
mesquite

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 11:54 pm
@jesusBastard,
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pejorative
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 01:11 am
@jesusBastard,
What an idiot.

Merriam-Webster's online dictionary defines the noun pejorative as follows:

Quote:

Merriam-Webster's online dictionary defines the adjective pejorative as:

Quote:
Main Entry: pejorative
Function: adjective
Etymology: Late Latin pejoratus, past participle of pejorare to make or become worse, from Latin pejor worse; akin to Sanskrit padyate he falls, Latin ped-, pes foot " more at foot
Date: circa 1888

: having negative connotations; especially : tending to disparage or belittle : depreciatory

You obviously didn't spell it correctly. Go back to read your previous idiotic post.
0 Replies

jesusBastard

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 06:41 am
Its not a word people use. When was the last time you heard someone besides you use it? Katie Couric doesnt use that word. Anderson Cooper doesnt use that word. No one uses it. I've honestly never heard anyone use it. Its a dumb word to use. Its one of those words that Frasier Crane might use because hes full of himself and likes to display his intelligence by saying words that nobody uses. When you talk to someone who you believe to be stupid, why not dumb down your haughty vocabulary for them? Anyway...In answer to your question...although I see homosexual men as lesser men, I would not consider "stupid" and "homosexual" to be equivalent pejoratives. Why do you ask? Are you gay? Maybe its just a gay word they use in the gay community. If I thought "stupid" and "homosexual" were equivalent pejoratives, I wouldnt have needed both words.
jesusBastard

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 06:49 am
@Setanta,
I dont go anywhere when I drink. I stay at home when I drink. I like my home. Why go anywhere? I can socialize here.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 07:03 am
@jesusBastard,
JesusBastard wrote:
Its not a word people use.

You are right, people don't use perjorative..

They use pejorative and they use it a lot.

A simple search on A2K, returns you examples how people use it here..
jesusBastard

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 07:55 am
@Francis,
Nobody uses pejorative. I'm not denying that its a word. I'm just saying that it is, and should be, used sparingly. He could have easily ended the sentence with "equivalent." Plus he thinks I'm stupid. You dont break out rarely used words like that and use them on stupid people. He's just using the word to be an asshole. The meaning itself implies that only the assholes should use it.
Francis

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 08:03 am
@jesusBastard,
JesusBastard wrote:
The meaning itself implies that only the assholes should use it.

Such assertions make me think that you still have a long way to go on the semantics route, let alone in the hermeneutics and semiology areas...
jesusBastard

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 08:15 am
@Francis,
Jesus CHRIST on a CRACKPIPE! I wouldnt take take THOSE routes if they were on my fuckin WAY! Why **** people just say what they mean? And tell me why this sentence makes perfect sense when the meaning of the word is applied:

Only assholes use pejoratives.
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 09:11 am
@jesusBastard,
jesusBastard wrote:
Nobody uses pejorative. I'm not denying that its a word. I'm just saying that it is, and should be, used sparingly. He could have easily ended the sentence with "equivalent." Plus he thinks I'm stupid. You dont break out rarely used words like that and use them on stupid people. He's just using the word to be an asshole. The meaning itself implies that only the assholes should use it.

Translation*: "If you use a word I don't understand, you're an asshole. Plus, you're a man, so you're an asshole."

*I took a summer course in "White Trash Man-Hater Speak"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 10:01 am
Why should i "dumb down" my use of language to suit an idiot? You're the only person involved here who didn't understand the use of the word pejorative, which was the perfect word to succinctly pose the question i asked you--which you haven't answered. What's laughable is that you seem to consider yourself superior to christians.

I begin to doubt that you are the intellectual superior of my dog.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 10:04 am
@jesusBastard,
jesusBastard wrote:
Why **** people just say what they mean?

No she didn't ! ! !

How very Freudian . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 01:02 pm
@jesusBastard,
Setanta thinks that I am an idiot and I understood pejorative perfectly. Go figure.
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 02:49 pm
@jesusBastard,
Quote:
Geeze, you guys, SAAAAAA RY! Crap.

You don't have to apologize...I also mistook him for a creationist when I first confronted the guy...it is very clear that the majority of his arguments are grounded on the same foundation as religious apologists...so, don't feel sorry for that.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 02:52 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Setanta thinks that I am an idiot and I understood pejorative perfectly. Go figure.

You are an idiot regardless...
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 02:55 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
It is, indeed, laughable that you confuse Setanta with a Christian. A Christian would not even bother to respond to your trash.

No, no, no...this is laughable and ironic:
You are a Christian...and yet, you are responding to her "trash".
Pemerson

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 03:17 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
We don't have the true story of Jesus' life so there is no way to "get it right" in view of the sketchy little books placed into the Christian bible by the early "Bishops" who manipulated a ton of material to make sure the outcome would subjugate the common people to support them in all their needs.

Maybe all our lives could be viewed as a "sacrifice." We are born of woman, learn a few things, teach a few things, improve things a smidgen, suffer growing old and shriveled, die.

Jesus Bastard, where do you get off coming here and making fun of one of the world's great teachers, whose words were quite simple? Jesus didn't create a religion, didn't write his autobiography. Who are you to speak so dastardly, Jesus Bastard?

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 04:07 pm
@Pemerson,
Quote:
We don't have the true story of Jesus' life so there is no way to "get it right"

We don't have any evidence that this Jesus ever existed, not a single bit...let me make it a little clearer...we have as much evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ as we have evidence for the existence of Horus, Krishna, and Jove...

Quote:
Maybe all our lives could be viewed as a "sacrifice."

Pemerson, now you are talking in parables...but in order for something to be a sacrifice, don't you have to give something valuable in exchange for something else? And in case of morality, don't you have to sacrifice something valuable for someone's happiness ?

Quote:
We are born of woman, learn a few things, teach a few things, improve things a smidgen, suffer growing old and shriveled, die.

And how does that qualify as a sacrifice?