What Did Jesus Sacrifice?

Pemerson

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 08:16 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Very few people, during the years of his life, knew anything at all about Jesus the man - he became "famous" posthumously. Everyone knows that - the word spread. His sacrifice was to live on this planet at all. His last name was not Christ, but he was "Christed," I'm not sure by whom. All this was decided after his death, by whom I'm not sure either, just like you're not sure he lived at all. Look what emerges about famous people today, after their death.

Of course he lived, but I'm not real clear about a virgin birth, or resurrection. That is just part of the fabrication to make this person more "holy" I assume. I've studied a bit and these odd, magical, miraculous happenings have no support. His life as it was put together by the early bishops (they were politicians) originates from scads of little bits and pieces from other peoples, their religions or private writings read by the general populace - Jews, Greeks, Egyptians, but mostly from the millions (and millions) of people who were killed by The Inquisitors.

Jesus lived, he taught, and he DID heal (not uncommon today).
jesusBastard

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 08:17 pm
@Pemerson,
Aw, he might not have been TOO bad of a guy, but had he found a wife, he would have had something to teach men about being husbands, rather than hanging out with 12 fags, and being rather full of himself. No, we dont have the auto-biography, but we're left with several poorly written and irrevolent biographys that dont really do anything for us. Really I blame the new testaments shortcomings on paul. Paul was a COMPLETE IDIOT, and I can tell, when I read corinthians that he was GAY GAY GAY. Knows nothing of marriage. He and Luke just sat around wondering how to inprove on Judaism, and failed miserably. Between giving each other blowjobs and minimizing their need for a wife. GAY GAY GAY. They were socially irresponsible, although I do respect them for rebelling against conventional and widely accepted religious ideas. The writers of the bible fucked the daughter tho. All of them did. Modern man isnt fixing it, either. They just act like a bunch of sheep, like the mother and the daughter and the wife trinity are completely irrevolent. GAY!!!!
Pemerson

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 09:33 pm
@jesusBastard,
Has some man done you wrong, or something? Calm down. Why are you so angry?
jesusBastard

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 09:44 pm
@Pemerson,
Well, honestly, I could be a little pre-menstrual. A man hasn't done me wrong since 11/05. Lotta angry people on here. I figure I fit right in. I'll be fine in a couple days... I do enjoy pointing out the ridiculousness of christian lore, tho. I am kinda locally famous for my religious ideas...
Pemerson

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 10:51 pm
@jesusBastard,
Actually, I don't see anything too wrong with being angry. Jesus got angry and slung that rope around and he wasn't even pre-menstrual but he got those salesman out of that temple, by cracky!

You are right, lots of people come here and have got rid of a lot of anger. And, it's funny in the telling - sometimes. May as well laugh at yourself, that's better than crying.

And, I went through a stage of hating Christianity until I read its entire history. As they say, the truth will set you free. I am free of Christianity but nobody I've read thought Jesus never existed.

Lots of people here like to point out the ridiculousness of Christian lore.
BillRM

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 04:13 am
@Pemerson,
Quote:
As they say, the truth will set you free. I am free of Christianity but nobody I've read thought Jesus never existed.

You should expand your reading list if you never read any question that a cult leader by the name of Jesus was a real figure in history or not!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 10:23 am
There is no reliable historical evidence that your boy Jesus ever existed. On the other hand, there is no historical basis upon which to say that he did not exist. On the whole, the only thing that matters is the number of people who believe or have in the past believed that he did exist.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 11:56 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Quote:
Setanta thinks that I am an idiot and I understood pejorative perfectly. Go figure.

You are an idiot regardless...

Oh? You know me? When and where did we meet? You only need to look at some of your lengthy and illiterate posts to see what an idiot actually looks like.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 11:57 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Quote:
It is, indeed, laughable that you confuse Setanta with a Christian. A Christian would not even bother to respond to your trash.

No, no, no...this is laughable and ironic:
You are a Christian...and yet, you are responding to her "trash".

What is laughable is that you don't know the difference to responding about something that out outside the actual subject of the "trash" and responding to the "trash". I thought you may have been smarter than than. Obviously, I was wrong.

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 02:34 pm
@Pemerson,
Quote:
Very few people, during the years of his life, knew anything at all about Jesus the man - he became "famous" posthumously.

However, according to the Bible, Jesus was a celebrity while he was still "alive"...everybody knew the guy because he cured the sick, restored the sight of blind people, resurrected the dead...etc...but, then again, there are plenty of evidence pointing to Jesus as being a mythological figure...and if he ever existed as a real person (which there is not a shred of evidence to support such idea), he evidently was a legend.

Quote:
Everyone knows that - the word spread.

How do you think the "word" spread, Pemerson? Do you know about the crusades? Do you know about the council at Nicaea?

Quote:
His sacrifice was to live on this planet at all. His last name was not Christ, but he was "Christed," I'm not sure by whom.

The word "Christ" means the "messiah" or the "anointed one"...why do you say that this title was given to this character after his death, when he evidently claimed to be God's representative...when he performed all those miracles?

Quote:
I'm not sure either, just like you're not sure he lived at all. Look what emerges about famous people today, after their death.

I don't know if Jesus ever existed...what I know is that all those attributes that describes him as being Jesus fall under the mythological category ...if we took away all those mythical elements that make him Jesus, we would be left with nothing...

Quote:
Of course he lived

Could you present the evidence that supports this claim other than believing he lived?

Quote:
but I'm not real clear about a virgin birth, or resurrection.

This is what I don't understand about creationists in general...how can you accept certain things about your dogma and reject others without any proof?

Quote:
That is just part of the fabrication to make this person more "holy" I assume.

You just hit the nail in the head...that is exactly how mythological characters gained so much popularity from the masses back then, by "giving" them "holy" attributes.

Quote:
I've studied a bit and these odd, magical, miraculous happenings have no support.

But why would you, again, accept certain things and reject others without any proof supporting one or the other?

Quote:
His life as it was put together by the early bishops (they were politicians) originates from scads of little bits and pieces from other peoples, their religions or private writings read by the general populace

But this doesn't proof that Jesus ever existed...as a matter of fact, this proves that Jesus was created by politicians.

Quote:
Jews, Greeks, Egyptians, but mostly from the millions (and millions) of people who were killed by The Inquisitors.

The Inquisition was a very effective way to spread Christianity...

Quote:
Jesus lived, he taught, and he DID heal (not uncommon today).

Are you actually saying that there are people here today who heal the sick by methods other than naturalistic means?

0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 02:44 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Oh? You know me? When and where did we meet?

I don't have to know anything about your private life in order for me to know that you're an idiot...I haven't read anything intelligent or informative from you other than mere beliefs...or poking fun at other people, and misinterpreting simple ideas written with simple words.

Quote:
You only need to look at some of your lengthy and illiterate posts to see what an idiot actually looks like.

This is all I expect from you...this is what you consider an "intelligent" confrontation.
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 02:54 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
What is laughable is that you don't know the difference to responding about something that out outside the actual subject of the "trash" and responding to the "trash". I thought you may have been smarter than than. Obviously, I was wrong.

It doesn't matter how you put it, Intrepid...on your previous post you addressed JB directly and told her that "A Christian would not even bother to respond to [her] trash." But you are a Christian, and you responded to what she posted...this is not important...however, I just wanted to point out the oxymoronic comment. You would've fixed it by referring her in the third person...I just hope you know the difference...carry on.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 08:04 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Quote:
Oh? You know me? When and where did we meet?

I don't have to know anything about your private life in order for me to know that you're an idiot...I haven't read anything intelligent or informative from you other than mere beliefs...or poking fun at other people, and misinterpreting simple ideas written with simple words.

Quote:
You only need to look at some of your lengthy and illiterate posts to see what an idiot actually looks like.

This is all I expect from you...this is what you consider an "intelligent" confrontation.

Therein lies your problem. You consider everthing to be a confrontation.

Exactly how many of my 27,000 posts have you read? If you find nothing intelligent or informative, why do you waste your time reading it? Seems rather foolish to me.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 08:05 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Quote:

It doesn't matter how you put it, Intrepid...on your previous post you addressed JB directly and told her that "A Christian would not even bother to respond to [her] trash." But you are a Christian, and you responded to what she posted...this is not important...however, I just wanted to point out the oxymoronic comment. You would've fixed it by referring her in the third person...I just hope you know the difference...carry on.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 09:03 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Therein lies your problem. You consider everthing to be a confrontation.

Well, this is an online forum, where people argue, discuss, and exchange ideas...I think "confront" is the appropriate word..

Quote:
Exactly how many of my 27,000 posts have you read?

I don't think I've read them all...I just haven't read anything from you that wasn't a mere belief, poking fun at people, and/ or misinterpreting simple ideas written with simple words...If you have posted anything informative in those 27,000 posts, I really haven't seen those posts...and you would be very kind if you actually showed them to me.
Quote:

If you find nothing intelligent or informative, why do you waste your time reading it? Seems rather foolish to me.

I don't think I'm wasting my time...never felt like that dealing with people like you...I feel like I'm really doing something for humanity by educating you.
jesusBastard

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 05:44 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Would it be inaccurate to say that Proudmore has an overabundance of pride?
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 06:03 pm
@jesusBastard,
Quote:
Would it be inaccurate to say that Proudmore has an overabundance of pride?

Not overabundant...but the right amount that is needed to get the job done.
neologist

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 09:37 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
We must take care that our desire for education is not overtaken by our display of erudition.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 10:54 am
@neologist,
yes of course it's important to keep education apart from knowledge, otherwise people might get confused,
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 10:58 am
Without bothering to read or anything, I'd say JC gave up on his carpentry career. Can't say whether this was a sacrifice for him or not, though. He didn't seem to have much to say on the subject.
0 Replies