What Did Jesus Sacrifice?

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:37 pm
@Intrepid,
But I don't think that people CHOOSE to believe in the supernatural other than social, cultural, and /or psychological reasons...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:08 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

I suppose Jason has never considered that some people believe because they CHOOSE to believe.
----------------------------------------------------------------
A large number of people had chossen to believes lot on nonsense in the history of the planet and to the degree that they do so that is the degree that they are not connected to the real universe.

A lot of people believe than man landed on the moon because television told them so.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:16 am
@BillRM,
A lot of scientific types believed the Piltdown Man story for years.
BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 10:22 am
@Intrepid,
A lot of people believe than man landed on the moon because television told them so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logic and commonsense told me that we had landed on the moon as it would had cost more to fake it then to go to the moon assuming you could have a few hundreds people in on it and keep silent for generations or that 1960s technology would allow such a fake. Oh those people in on the faking would be more then Americans citizens also, as we was not the only ones who track the ships on their journey to the moon and back or bounce lasers beams off the reflectors let on the moon and received narrow radio transmissions from both the ships and the equipments placed on the moon.

Second I saw and feel two of those big mothers take off with my very own eyes and ears. The night shot was amazing with the light that you could read a paper by and a ground shaking my car.

Sorry no faith needed there just commonsense.
BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 10:24 am
@Intrepid,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And what does that have to do with anything and it was a proven fake in a very short time frame indeed.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:19 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logic and commonsense told me that we had landed on the moon as it would had cost more to fake it then to go to the moon assuming you could have a few hundreds people in on it and keep silent for generations or that 1960s technology would allow such a fake. Oh those people in on the faking would be more then Americans citizens also, as we was not the only ones who track the ships on their journey to the moon and back or bounce lasers beams off the reflectors let on the moon and received narrow radio transmissions from both the ships and the equipments placed on the moon.

Ah, so you are ready to accept something that you do not for an absolute fact know to be true. You are ready to accept a fairy tale because your "logic and commonsense" tell you to. You did not actually see this happen but you are ready to accept it. Because you choose to believe it. hmmm, interesting.

Quote:
Second I saw and feel two of those big mothers take off with my very own eyes and ears. The night shot was amazing with the light that you could read a paper by and a ground shaking my car.

Ah, you saw them take off with your very own eyes. I see airplanes take off all the time, but I have no idea whether they are going a couple of miles or across the ocean. The fact that you saw something take off does not mean it went to the moon. However, you have faith that they did

Quote:
Sorry no faith needed there just commonsense.

No common sense is evident. Only faith.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:21 pm
@BillRM,
Intrepid wrote:
Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BillRM replied:
Quote:
And what does that have to do with anything and it was a proven fake in a very short time frame indeed.

It has everything to do with it. It was believed but was not true. Does that mean that the scientific world is gullible?

Does that mean that those of faith must be wrong for believing in something but it is ok for the scientific world to believe something that is proven to be false. When was it proven that God does not exist?
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 10:51 am
@Intrepid,
Does that mean that those of faith must be wrong for believing in something but it is ok for the scientific world to believe something that is proven to be false. When was it proven that God does not exist?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL so someone playing a hoax that was given credit and then found not to be true and that is the same as believing in a fairy tale of a supernatural being who is the son to god and part of the god head????? With zero evident for of such a being?

Still do not see the connection no one ever stated that a theory or evidents of a scientific nature can not be wrong or a hoax that I am aware of.

It is however a self correcting branch of human knowledge with little or no connection with any supernatural nonsense.

Second no one to the ends of time can prove that god does not exist anymore then you can prove that the tooth fairy does not exist and both are as likely in my opinion. You can not and never can prove a negative for any position.

You are however the one claiming that such a being exist so it is your job to bring forth your evident for such a unlikely claim not mine to square the circle.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 12:14 pm
@BillRM,
Are you unable to understand simple English? Do you continue to argue because you don't have a clue what you or anybody else posts? Are you capable of a simple thought process? Does LOL give you some kind of perverse pleasure rather than saying something intelligent?

Do you actually read and understand posts before you go into your silly tirades?

I have absolutely no required to prove anything to you. I don't care what you believe or don't believe. You have been told previously that some people believe because they choose to believe.

NOBODY OWES YOU ANY EXPLANATION OR EVIDENCE FOR ANYTHING.

Did you hear that?
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 12:55 pm
@Intrepid,
Ok, so if you choose to belief in the tooth fairy that is fine with me however if you come to the public square with this nonsense then you will be challenge at once.

As long as you do not communicated these silly believes feel free to be as completely insane as you care to be however far too many people had die over this kind of irrational nonsense in history to allow it to go unchallenged into the future once it enter the public sphere.

0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 01:16 pm
For those conspiracy theorists out there who think we didn't go to the moon, spend at least 10 minutes of your time reading this link that explains the science behind the Apollo mission to the moon, and why we actually did go to the moon: http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

You'll see that you won't be deceived if you know how nature behaves. Know your science!
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 02:45 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Look Janson in the end on amount of facts or logic is going to effect the believers opinions that Obama was not born in Hawaii , or that more then one man with a rifle kill JFK, or we did not land on the moon or that there is a three in one god head or.......

The best we can do is challenge them not in the hope of changing their sick minds but to slow or down the spread of such nonsense to others when they come into the public sphere.

It is hardly surprising that the people that believe in a god head of three for the price of one also tend to buy into our never having gone to the moon it all part of the same sickness.

Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 04:51 pm
@BillRM,
How can anyone take you even remotely seriously when all you do is call people names who disagree with you. Insane, sick etc. are words you use frequently.

Anyone who is sure of their facts and opinions has no reason to act in this childish manner. It does nothing to further your cause.

There is absolutely no reason to engage you in any conversation since you would rather call people names than use your brain to come up with anything logical.

I see that you have found an allie in Jason based on your "best we can do is challenge them in hope of changing their sick minds"

The fact that you still are unable to use the quote function or put together a logical sentence has become tiresome.
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 06:21 pm
@Intrepid,
My question is how in the "hell" can anyone take you seriously or anyone else who believe in the fairly tale of a god/man and the father and the holy ghost?

There is from a logical viewpoint no different from believing in the tooth fairy or Santa Claus or similar myths.

The only different I am aware of is as far as I know no one had been kill over believing or not believing in the tooth fairy.

Come on I was raised in the same culture you was and my commonsense kick in at ten to reject all this nonsense so what went wrong in your case?

I can still remember the bit of nonsense that trigger my start at rejection at age ten.

Hearing that the devil was at one time god chief angel who not only rebel but took half of the angels in heaven with him.

Now why would you knowing you could not win against an all-powerful and all knowing being started a rebellion and how would you then convince half of the angels to join you?

This was enough for a ten years old to start rejecting this silliness.

Once more what is wrong with you?

Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 06:48 pm
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Now why would you knowing you could not win against an all-powerful and all knowing being started a rebellion and how would you then convince half of the angels to join you?

Sounds somewhat like GW Bush convincing other nations to join him in Iraq. Some are still there, so I here. Rolling Eyes
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 07:27 pm
@Intrepid,
Sounds somewhat like GW Bush convincing other nations to join him in Iraq. Some are still there, so I here.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sad response indeed but then there is no good response is there, an all powerful and all knowing god being rebel against by his chief agent and not just waving his hand to stop it but allowing his loyal angels be deal with the problem instead.

No the bible have million and one logical holes that even a ten years old can see it is complete nonsense so once more what is wrong with you?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 07:55 pm
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
Thomas Paine

Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
Thomas Paine

Is it not a species of blasphemy to call the New Testament revealed religion, when we see in it such contradictions and absurdities.
Thomas Paine

It is not a God, just and good, but a devil, under the name of God, that the Bible describes.
Thomas Paine

Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst.
Thomas Paine

That God cannot lie, is no advantage to your argument, because it is no proof that priests can not, or that the Bible does not.
Thomas Paine

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 08:02 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid here is another fun quote and once more what is wrong with you?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.
-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 08:18 pm
@Intrepid,
Ah, so you are ready to accept something that you do not for an absolute fact know to be true. You are ready to accept a fairy tale because your "logic and commonsense" tell you to. You did not actually see this happen but you are ready to accept it. Because you choose to believe it. hmmm, interesting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL and more LOL first you pull our that no one can prove a negative and then you pull that we can not be 10o percent sure of anything

My common sense and logic tell me that the odds that we landed on the moon is

or more and on the other hand the likelihood of a supernatural Jesus walking the earth or the bible having any direct connection with the real universe is roughly

.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent or far less.

Dealing with the real universe such odds are good enough.

In fact the odds that the tooth fairly if real is on the same order as Jesus.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 08:27 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Look Janson in the end on amount of facts or logic is going to effect the believers opinions that Obama was not born in Hawaii , or that more then one man with a rifle kill JFK, or we did not land on the moon or that there is a three in one god head or.......

Conspiracy theorists (like creationists) prefer a conspiracy theory than any theory at all.