Gala

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 09:05 am
@ehBeth,
Hell no! I know, I know, don't knock it you've tried it, etc, but I simply refuse. it just seems that one bite would stop up all the valves and it would be curtains! what a way to go...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 09:09 am
@Gala,
Gala wrote:
I hate practically all local things, no matter where I move to.

that pretty much covers it for you, I think
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 09:10 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
He is a geologist.

Good to know. I wonder if I could borrow a 10 carat diamond or a 20 carat ruby ... oh silly me ... that's a gemologist. But I wonder if he's ever came across such natural treasures on his field based geological studies?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 09:22 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
that pretty much covers it for you, I think

The local food tradition where I'm from is a battle between --coffee milk and frozen lemonade. I kid you not. And the worst part of it is, if I meet someone from my home state and they're not particularly gifted in the brains or socializing arena, that's what they'll bring up-- coffee milk or frozen lemonade. Add to that an accent that makes the most educated person sound illiterate, and well, you've got some local for you.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 10:57 am
@farmerman,
Farmer,
I hope that your next year will be 100s of times better
than your last one, but nowhere even near as good as the year after that! Give it a shot!

David
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:04 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

And Saggitarians are my friends.

Sagittarians rule
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:30 am
@djjd62,
Saggitarians in the house!
Hoot! Hoot!

Embarrassed
I embarrass myself sometimes!
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:51 am
@tsarstepan,
Ive been in a fevered coma this AM (well not technically a coma) jut some drug inuced sleep with all the NYQUIL (I know, I know but I monitot=r BP) .Now Im up and hadda take a damn shower I was so sweatyy. Drinking my lemon rooibos and Ill have a cuppa Lapshsang Souchong super smokey and some sof boiled eggs and toast .

I never got into astrlogical signs but I pretty much cover the bases for what Sagittarians do with themselves. MAybe its just the amount of light when I was a kid.

Stephan, Yes, Ive found many kinds of various mineral and fuel deposits on purpose as part of my job. My real passion has always been in the location and development of Titanium finds. Its been very satisfying and one of the greatest jobs other than a male hooker.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman,

I hope you find yourself feeling much better as you read this. A belated Happy Birthday greeting and my best wishes for a great year ahead.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:56 am
@georgeob1,
Its not belated. My real birthday is Dec 1 and Ive been really mean spirited cause Im sick as a dog and in case it was my last birthday I wanted to grovel for a nice send off, so this could serve as a wake as well.

ANYBODY dont like scrappple can kiss my great big ass.

Dont ask george, Im on a rant against people whove never tried some food are somehow congenitally avoiding it.
First time I was made to eat a clam, I thought Id gag. Now, I can live on them bad boys.(cept today, I would gag today)
georgeob1

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 12:14 pm
@farmerman,
Well, they used to serve us scrapple at Annapolis. As I recall they called it "Philadelphia Scrapple". Bacon was better. I'm not suggesting their culinary standards were a meaningful standard, but I have never been tempted to try the stuff since.

I do recall once in my first ever trip to the South as a Midshipman - I was in Charleston SC and stopped in to a place for breakfast. The middle aged and rather maternal (to me then) waitress asked me - in a thick southern accent laced with the charasteristic extra vowels and dipthongs - "You want grits?"

"Grits ?, what are they?" I replied.

"You don't want 'em", she scornfully replied as she turned away.

I tried them anyway and found I liked them a lot better than scrapple !

I'll take a pass on the kiss.
djjd62

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 12:23 pm
@georgeob1,
I know this English guy who was driving around in the South. And he stopped for breakfast one morning somewhere in southeast Georgia. He saw “grits” on the menu. He’d never heard of grits so he asked the waitress, “What are grits, anyway?” She said, “Grits are fifty.” He said, “Yes, but what _are_ they?” She said, “They’re extra.” He said, “Yes, I’ll have the grits, please.”

from "New Jersey Turnpike" by Laurie Anderson
United States Parts I - IV
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 01:00 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Stephan, Yes, Ive found many kinds of various mineral and fuel deposits
on purpose as part of my job. My real passion has always been in the location
and development of Titanium finds. Its been very satisfying and
one of the greatest jobs other than a male hooker.
Y Titanium, in particular?
I don 't like Titanium handguns, particularly not the heavier calibrations.

David
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 02:08 pm
Whew. Thought I missed it.

Today: Happy Unbirthday to you, FM.

'maura, Hippy, hippy bertday.

Joe(put your teeth back in!)Nation
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 02:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
DAve, You really have no idea what a funny guy you are do you?

Titanium is gonna be the metal of the future. Its already taken over big time in the airline industry and in paints and many consumer products where metal that is strong, light, and has a memory is needed.

A car made of carbon fibre and Ti will be the hotsy totsy car of the near future.

If it werent for TiO2 all our kids would be sucking on lead paints
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 02:40 pm
"Grits" is a singular noun. In a sentence, its always "Grits is", because noone has ever seen a GRIT. on the menu.

Georgeob, if youve tried scrapple and dont like it, thats ok, more for me.

Its a breakfast comfort food that is an acquired taste. I have friends from Wisconisn who cant get within a half room away from a plate of freh scrapple.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 02:45 pm
@farmerman,
Interestingly it was the Russians who led the way in titanium fabrication. They were building submarine hulls of titanium (think of the welding challenges !) while the U.S. aircraft industry was trying to figure out how to make forged titanium aircraft structural components (like the anchor hinge structure for the SST variable sweep wings) that didn't crack after a few cycles.

I agree with your forecast.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 02:53 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
ANYBODY dont like scrappple can kiss my great big ass.

Thank you for your generous offer, but I'll have grits instead.

What ARE they?
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 02:55 pm
@dlowan,
grits are corn that has been treated in a lye bath (dont ask me why) This is then dried and the resultant **** is boiled like wheatena or cream of wheat.
It is boiled up and many times fried and served up ith butter , an egg on top, then served with a nice dollop of tabasco. (I ate it that way in Imokolee ).
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 03:04 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
all our kids would be sucking on lead paints

I like my lead paint strawberry flavored! Razz
0 Replies