farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 04:30 am
@MontereyJack,
Im still a little sick from the flu and Ive been going to bed early each night till I get over it.
SO I will attempt to catch up

1Thanks for all the wishes and stuff.

2That was some gneiss schist

3Scrapple is a "meat pudding" its made of ground pork or beef or turkey parts. The pork and beef scrapple are mixed with some of the rendered fat and the whole thing is beat with copious amounts of cornmeal and spices unique to scrapple. The stuff is fried until crispy on the outside and hot in the middele . It is eaten many ways, the best being coated with molasses or maple syrup.

4Back to bed, I think Ill be sleeping most of the day, I shouldnt have done any barn work this weekend, I shoulda just stayed put and tried to work this thing outta me.
dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 04:33 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

And a teacher. And estimable.

Yes, yes......the important thing is he's CUTE.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 04:33 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
amazing, not so long ago FM was younger than I and now he's so much older, how does that work?

Dementia does that to ya.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 04:41 am
HB FM.
whatd'we think of farmer?
He's all right, he's alllright
he's a bit flat chested but he's all right!
Snakes in the long grass, root root!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 04:51 am
Happy birthday farmer, dear farmer! Very Happy

Have a wonderful birthday celebration & may this coming year bring multiple good things your way!

For your birthday gift, I've arranged a little visit for you to this special place (see video ) which I think you might really enjoy (though perhaps not the cosmic music! But you can sing sea shanties instead). Enjoy! Very Happy

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 06:18 am
I particularly enjoy getting a greeting from the upside down part of the planet.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 06:24 am
@msolga,
I loved the whales, loved em. MAkes me wanna be out at sea again, even as cold as it is.
I especially loved the sounds of their breaths as they strain to pass your boat. Its just the sounds I remember, like a really heavy person attempting to run laps and you can hear their strained puffing.
Very neat.

Lets keep getting in the way of whaleboats.
msolga

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 06:41 am
@farmerman,
Really glad you enjoyed that, farmer. Me too. Acrobatic frolicking little devils they are! Very Happy

Just read (above) that you've got a cold! Bummer. Does that mean a birthday tucked up in bed, recuperating?
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 07:29 am
@msolga,
yeh Im really sick and Ive got my laptop and one of the damn dogs who wont get the hell off the bed., but Im getting some xercise reading Bill RMs thread about scientists who are religious. Hes in way over his head and weve got several new posters who have called Set names. Sorry but I gotta go back and pick up rocks so we dont have a donneybrook.
msolga

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 07:33 am
@farmerman,
Laughing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 07:47 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
3Scrapple is a "meat pudding" its made of ground pork or beef or turkey parts. The pork and beef scrapple are mixed with some of the rendered fat and the whole thing is beat with copious amounts of cornmeal and spices unique to scrapple. The stuff is fried until crispy on the outside and hot in the middele . It is eaten many ways, the best being coated with molasses or maple syrup.

First of all, Happy Birthday.

Do you eat that scrapple sh@#? I know it's part of the Pennsylvania, Maryland diet staple, but that is just plain gross.

A few years a go I asked some guy what scrapple was and he could not explain it. You did a much better job, although you've exposed its super-grossness.
alex240101

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 07:55 am
Happy Birthday farmerman. One year closer to death.
dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 07:55 am
@Gala,
WHICH "parts"?

(Shudders)
msolga

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 08:00 am
@alex240101,
Crikey, alex! You feeling a bit gloomy today?
alex240101

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 08:01 am
@msolga,
Ill attempt at humor.
msolga

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 08:03 am
@alex240101,
Oh, that's OK then!

It happens to me, too. Not to worry. Smile
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 08:04 am
@dlowan,
Isn't it vile? But, for the locals, it's nirvana. There's even an editorial reporter in the area who uses the title Scrapple Face for his column. I hate practically all local things, no matter where I move to. Scrapple goes above and beyond.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 08:36 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The stuff is fried until crispy on the outside and hot in the middele .
I always think that it's what pate would be like if you fried it. Totally delish.
Gala

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 08:50 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I always think that it's what pate would be like if you fried it. Totally delish.

You're so optimistic, to me it seems like glorified Spam.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 08:53 am
@Gala,
Have you tried it?