Saturday Morning Cartoons/Shows, What were your Favorites???

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 01:29 pm
Rocky and Bullwinkle hands down. And the show with Hans Conreid that was basically joined at the hip, "Fractured Flicks." Conreid would introduce silent movies where they would invent dialogue -- outrageously funny.
0 Replies

MuzikQueen79

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 12:44 pm
Let's see i remember watching:

Jem
Rainbow Brite
Care Bears
Fraggle Rock
Looney Tunes
My Little Pony
Strawberry Shortcake
The Muppet Show
and
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
0 Replies

MuzikQueen79

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 12:48 pm
Oh my God, i can not believe i forgot about The Smurfs
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 10:41 pm
Heathcliff, Paddinton Bear, Chip N Dale Rescues, Heckel and Jeckel, Batman. Dose any Generation X, remember a cartoon about these talking children animals and a Soda Shop made out of an Old Carriage Wagon, that an old rabbit ran. The Animal Children would take Balloon Rides, and go rollerskating on old roller skates.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 10:58 pm
This thread is ridiculous! Three pages thus far and not one mention of the greatest cartoon character to ever live! The character who shaped my life, who made me what I am today.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....

http://members.aye.net/~mainman/images/johnquest.gif

No other cartoon character is even close.

Bow before greatness.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 11:57 pm
I bet no one remembers Davey and Goliath Question
Davey is the boy and Goliath is his dog.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:o00wXzu95vIC:www.myoc.com/lifestyles/articles/122001/images/daveyandgoliath.jpg
Whoops i see sugar watched D&G

And Speed Racer Question

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:BWP1u7WzvZIC:speed5.homestead.com/files/speed_and_mach_5_from_cartoon_intro.gif

gustavratzenhofer,You bet I remember Johnny Quest. Laughing

eoe, your icon is so opposite from blaises, no wonder it urks you Laughing
But I like his icon, now that you mentioned it. :wink:

Come on and ZOOOOOM, yeah Exclamation
0 Replies

jonsea31

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 04:41 pm
Regarding the infamous "shoeless" Darla episode of "Little Rascals & Richie Rich show" some twenty years ago...

I have seen a similar stunt performed by Papa Bear on the theme from the "New Berenstein Bears" series on Public TV. Papa Bear, like Darla in her bare feet, had brushes on his feet and used them like skates, but I still must insist - NEVER TRY THIS AT HOME. You may dislocate your patellas if you tried this stunt.

Remember, this is just a cartoon!

By the way, in my books, the Little Rascals "shoeless Darla" episode would have won the award for best Saturday morning cartoon episode of 1984 (or 1985, even though Little Rascals hasn't aired on any network - not even Cartoon Network - since 1984).

Later, Jonathan
0 Replies

jonsea31

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 03:14 pm
By the way, in real life I had a friend of mine really dislocate his kneecaps because of watching Darla and Buckwheat glide across the wet floor of the Mississippi Queen in "Cap'n Spanky's Showboat" on "The Little Rascals & Richie Rich show" some twenty years ago. His mother was so upset she wanted the show taken off the air.

The show was nearing demise at the time, so it didn't really matter.

Jonathan
0 Replies

80s lover

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:48 am
I'm new to this forum, but I have a strange love for 80's saturday morning cartoons. Does anyone remember the name of the little yellow cat who used to introduce the movie each week?

While I totally admit to my strange addiction, please help me remember!!!!!!
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:40 pm
Scooby Doo. Tom and Jerry. I prefer Warner Bros over Disney stuff.
0 Replies

lil ladybug72

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 12:56 am
80's lover wrote:
I'm new to this forum, but I have a strange love for 80's saturday morning cartoons. Does anyone remember the name of the little yellow cat who used to introduce the movie each week?

While I totally admit to my strange addiction, please help me remember!!!!!!

"O.G. Readmore"
0 Replies

wisgohike

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 01:45 pm
Doesn't anyone remember the Beatles Saturday morning cartoon? It was on sometime around '65 and featured the Fab Four in a half hour story with 2 songs, each had lyrics with the bouncing ball so you could sing along.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:43 pm
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE GHOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!

George of the Jungle (Watch Out For That Tree!)

Pink Panther

Tennessee Tuxedo (Anyone remember Chumley?)
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:59 pm
The thing that sticks in my memory the most is the hosts of the local kids shows. They'd always be dressed up in some costume... In the SF Bay Area there was Mayor Art and in Sacramento, where I'd go to visit my grandparents, there was Captain Sacto, the riverboat pilot. There was another one in SF who dressed up like a spaceman. I think he was called Captain Satellite.

I wonder whatever became of those guys?

I mean, besides the usual pedophilia charges and State Prison time....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:05 pm
Well I can tell you that in Washington DC Bozo the clown moved on from his kiddy show to star in McDonalds commercials as Ronald McDonald and ended up a famous weatherman. Any guesses who it was?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:06 pm
GW Bush?

Eddie Arnold?

Werner Klemperer?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:10 pm
You're outta there!

Willard Scott

And the host on WTTG channel 5 was Captain Tugg. Never seen but heard was his engineer Axel Grackel. The Captain showed a couple of Popeye cartoons and a Three Stooges episode. Man I was glued to the set.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 09:15 am
wisgohike wrote:
Doesn't anyone remember the Beatles Saturday morning cartoon? It was on sometime around '65 and featured the Fab Four in a half hour story with 2 songs, each had lyrics with the bouncing ball so you could sing along.

Yeah, I remember those. Ringo was the comic relief. Those were great.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 10:34 pm
I think the folks that did the Beatles cartoon were also responsible for the one featuring the Jackson 5
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 07:36 am
Anyone remember the Banana Splits? I remember almost nothing about the show except that one of the featured cartoons involved an Arabian adventure where the guy could turn himself into any animal by saying "Size of a ______" (insert name of animal here).

Funny, the things that stick in your mind.
0 Replies