Diana predicted her death

kev

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 07:12 am
Princess Diana said in a letter 10 months before she died that she knew somebody was planning to kill her.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12842153,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,755 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 07:38 am
This gives me the shits. Every day millions of people around the world get in their car's, and the first thing they do is put the seat belt on. Had Diana done that, she'd still be alive today. She wasn't killed by anything more than her isolation from normal society.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 08:04 am
Where's the letter?
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 08:07 am
First thing that struck me Wilso was why did Burrell wait six years perhaps his bank balance is a bit low.

The ones that think she was bumped off will like it though.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 09:57 am
Hi, kev. Thanks for the the Brit view!
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 12:51 pm
Sorry Dupre Iam losing my marbles, posted the same url again, I'll see if I can find the one I wanted.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 12:57 pm
This butler has gotten alot of TV time here in the states and his fixation on Diana seems bizarre.

Now, he's rekindling the waning interest in his story. He'll be on Larry King for sure this week.

Yeah, If she thought someone was going to kill her with a car, why did she go around without a seatbelt. (She never did strike me as the most intellegent person in the world, though.)
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:05 pm
Not surprising she wrote something like this. I am pretty sure that she and Dodi received all sorts of threats because of their relationship especially with rumors that they were headed down the altar.

It would have been too much for some people to accept and as with any celebrity she was not a favorite of everyone. My own grandmother (who lived in Britain at the time) thought she was disrespectful and flighty. I found Diana a very unhappy but generally nice person. I did not know too much about Dodi but if he made her happy then I would have been pleased. A little happiness for everyone I say!

I truly believe it was an accident with a good chunk of responsibility attaching to both themselves and the press for what occurred. It is not a real prediction in the sense of the word, just a statement that something like this could possibly happen. It's like a racecar driver saying I hope that bend doesn't kill me and then when it finally does, people think he predicted his death.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 02:49 am
I wouldn't trust the butler - sitting on it for 7 years and suddenly producing it - yes i think the bank balance was a bit low too!

I do actually think there was reason to think it wasn't an accident though It certainly was convenient for Charlie boy and his mistress.

Marriages collapse and people are human - but what makes him so disliked is that he cynically married someone who clearly adored him, knowing that he intended to carry on his affair with his mistress, not loving his wife at all - kings may have been allowed to do that in the olden days but not today and retain any kind of respect. He could well cause the end of the monarchy here with no regrets from anyone.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 03:36 am
How could it not have been an accident? The driver was doing 80mph. Nobody forced him to put his foot on the accelerator. And the only person in the car wearing a seat belt survived.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 06:57 am
LOL! Was Diana not constantly imagining plots against her?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 06:59 am
The Royals are so damned inbred that they're all nuts anyway.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 08:29 am
First hearing this, without any details, my guess was either her brother or her butler needing another shot of money, attention, whatever it is that pimps like that need. It's shameful and a disgrace, more for her boys than anybody. My heart goes out to them for having to relive it all yet again. In public. Bought on by those who supposedly care about them.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 08:45 am
Diana believed in psychics. This sounds like it could have been a prediction one of them had warned her about, rather than her own.

And yes, my prediction is coming true, Larry King/CNN did a show on this last night and said the butler will be coming on next week. Big surpriseĀ”
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 08:47 am
fealola, you have the sight! Start a 1-800 number, stat!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 08:47 am
Miss Clealola, at your service!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 09:06 am
Ooh, ooh, me first!

Will I meet anyone interesting soon?
Will I land a big account?
Will I take any interesting trips?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 09:09 am
Uh-oh!

-Yes. Right here.

-Maybe, maybe not.

-In your dreams (You can dream can't you?!) Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 09:10 am
I had my fortune read recently in Istanbul using the dredges of my turkish coffee - the guy was SPOT ON !!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 09:11 am
Really? Do tell!
0 Replies