Help!!!! Essay Comapre Contrast

slay09

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 06:37 pm
Love and hate are both emotions. Emotions are produced by hormones. These two

hormones are always zipping around in our bodies, particularly our brains. Love and hate

have to subside and are replaced by other less fiery emotions so that we don’t burn out.

Love and hate are both strong emotions; however, one creates a positive feeling and the

other created a negative connotation. Both love and hate have a few interesting

similarities and differences.

Love is a very powerful emotion. This emotion can over take every portion of

your entire body such as your mind, heart, and soul. When someone is in love with

another person, it can make them happy, sad, confused, or make their heart ache. These

kinds of emotions can make a persons heart beat faster and your breathing becomes

choppy. To be in love with someone is to need them. If someone has been inspired by

affection, they might become attached. Attachment makes people very happy. If you are

happy and in love, you will feel like you want to be with that person forever. If love is

fed, this emotion can grow over time. Love can also diminish over time if starved or

ignored.

Love is a wonderful and positive feeling. Love brings people together and is

caring, kindness, and sharing. If you have love for all people, and are a caring pleasant

person, you will be nice to all people without judging them and treat everyone as an

equal. This type of loving person would help out in the world whenever they can. If I see

a poor man or women on the street, and I have money in my pocket, I will let them have a

few dollars. This way these poor people can get something to eat. This kind of love is a

great motivator. Doing kind things and being nice to people is the best love around. The

feeling of caring, sharing, and kindness makes all people feel wonderful inside.

Hate is also a very powerful emotion that can encompass your mind, body, and

soul. If someone breaks your heart or hurts you, the loving feeling you have for that

person can turn to hate. When this feeling of hate comes to a person, they may feel anger

and despise the person who broke their heart, be it a friend, family member, or lover. If a

person was abandoned or forgotten by their lover they will feel lots of pain. When this

happens, the abandoned one will want to hurt the person that hurt them. The hurt person

might try to get revenge on the one who hurt them because there love turned to hate. The

type of revenge the hurt one might want to do is say something to that person for the soul

purpose of hurting them. Also, a person can achieve revenge by contacting that person

new significant other in there life and make up stories or lies to destroy their new

relationship. Like love, if hate is fed this emotion can grow over time, and can also

diminish over time if starved or ignored. As you can see there is a thin line between love

and hate.

Hate can also be a hate crime or doing hateful things and want to hurt people

because of a persons prejudice to another person's ethnicity, religion, or social status.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 943 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 06:49 pm
Okay - I am guessing you are looking for feedback on your essay.

One thing that leaps out, which I'm sure you already know, is you don't have a lot on hate. It's not just hate crimes; hate can also be pretty dang healthy if you hate injustice or prejudice or other forms of wrongdoing. You might want to go in a direction like that, showing a positive aspect of hate.

The parallel to that would be to show a negative aspect of love. E. g. obsessive love, stalking, jealousy, etc. What you have written about love seems rather naive, as if you'd never been in love. Which may very well be true. It doesn't mean you can't write about love, but I'd suggest that, instead, you write about what you know. You may not have experienced much in the way of romantic love (and if I'm wrong, my apologies, but it does appear that way from your writing), but surely you have experienced love from parents or teachers (I mean platonic, that they care about you and want you to succeed) and friends (also platonic, that they look out for you and will help you out if you need them).

I hope this helps. Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

slay09

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 07:08 pm
My essay is to compare/ contrast love/hate in deeper meaning
0 Replies