Sign here, you know you can trust us.

JTT

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 12:50 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
The same holds for gays.

That'd work well. All those big tough hetero dudes have to submit to those that are gay.
JTT

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 12:53 pm
@Ionus,
Best example I've ever seen illustrative of the oxymoron "military intelligence".
Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 02:53 pm
@JTT,
How about "civil servant"?
Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 02:53 pm
@Mame,
Or "construction worker"?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 03:10 pm
@Mame,
Civil servant is more of a redundancy then an oxymoron.
Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 03:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
Uh, no. An example of a redundancy would be "I got up at 8:00 a.m. this morning." Or "I had just a tiny, little bite." Or "advance warning"...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:25 pm
@JTT,
I find it interesting that of the three possibilities you chose that one. Are you coming out of the closet or just peering to see if it is safe ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:27 pm
@Diest TKO,
I think we know your opinion, what we want to know is what is it based on. Are you being PC or just want to impress the womens movement so you will get to throw a leg over one ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:28 pm
@JTT,
You have missed your true calling. Is that joke original ? Reading back through your posts, I realise now you are never serious. All your posts are funny.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:45 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
I think we know your opinion, what we want to know is what is it based on.

I've been more than clear on this, and I've addressed you from many angles. You've chosen to ignore most of them and/or edit my posts to only sentence fragments to distort what I've said. I owe you no explanation or defense of what my opinion is based on.

T
K
O
Ionus

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:57 pm
@Diest TKO,
I have only seen one angle from you : women must be in the military. Now, how do we white wash any problems ? You tried to play down my experience. Somehow you got your ego involved. I am the one entitled to have their ego involved, I put up with this rubbish that you say must not exist because it is politically incorrect. Well it does exist. Your "lets everyone pretend it is working attitude" is driven by your inability to expand your mind to comprehend there is a problem, never mind a solution.

Show me one instance where I ignored your angle. Show me where quoting you distorted what you said.
JTT

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 05:46 pm
@Ionus,
What you find is of little consequence, Ionus. The ignorant opinions of some grunt are not going to be the factors deciding who gets in the military.

Although, it must be noted that there have been some ignorant grunts who have delayed the entry of gays and lesbians and also some ignorant grunts who delayed the entry of Blacks. Odd that their "arguments" were all basically the same.
Ionus

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:31 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
The ignorant opinions of some grunt
You are speaking from many years of experience from within the military ? No ? Perhaps a dream you had whilst masturbating where you were very powerful and people listened to you because of your greatness etc etc etc. It is yes to that one, isnt it ?

I take it you are a black gay woman ? Why dont your claim to be a whale as well ? Then your experience of the oppression inherent in our system would be complete. Despite your desire to tell everyone where they are wrong you were never accepted into military service, were you, let alone become a great world leader. It is not your fault your are unsuccesful in life, it is the world's fault isnt it ? Tell mommy all your problems, loser. You think of yourself as a true hero, fighting the good fight, giving out medals to cowards like yourself. If you become any more important in your own mind you will need two dicks to play with whilst fantasizing about all those tough manly grunts.

I will not have a mentally and emotionally damaged fool criticise courage and respect simply because they lack those qualities themself.
JTT

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:55 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I take it you are a black gay woman ?

Do these represent the sum total of the groups you hate or would you like another shot?

I still don't believe that the rapidly becoming even more ignorant opinions of some grunt are going to be the deciding factors as to who enters the military.
Ionus

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:07 pm
@JTT,
You know nothing of real injustice, you are simply putting yourself up as a hero with your cowardly friend who finds it an inconvenience to go to Afghanistan. Medals for you and him - true heroes in your mind because you have done nothing.

What you believe is irrelevant. But you dont care, you need a war to feel important. You shock people with your attack on orthodoxy but your experience of being a minority is what ? Incidentally, I have good people I am proud to call my friends in all of those categories. What is your experience ? Once you had to catch a bus and it was awful for you, wasnt it dear ?

My opinion is based on 24 years experience. Your opinion is based on hate.
JTT

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:19 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
You know nothing of real injustice,

Just finished watching, "A Few Good Men" have we?

I wonder if those good friends are aware of just how ignorant you are, Ionus.

Quote:
My opinion is based on 24 years experience.

I think it's pretty much a given that the opinions of a retired grunt, even one with 24 years experience [supporting the same common thread of ignorance] are not going to be setting who gets into the military. I'm sure that you'll agree that's been established.

Quote:
Your opinion is based on hate.

"Once you had to catch a bus and it was awful for you, wasnt it dear ?"

Ionus

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:32 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Just finished watching, "A Few Good Men" have we?

Just finished watching, "Platoon" have we ?

Quote:
I wonder if those good friends are aware of just how ignorant you are, Ionus.
I would have thought they know me better then you do, but you dont let facts get in the way of your opinion do you ?

I said
Quote:
Once you had to catch a bus and it was awful for you, wasnt it dear
And your experience of discrimination is what ? A bus ride wasnt it ?

I said
Quote:
Your opinion is based on hate.
It is, isnt it ? You hate courage and respect and duty...things you have been put down for lacking...this is your chance to even things up by telling everyone virutes you dont have are undesirable.
JTT

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:45 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I would have thought they know me better then you do, ...

Well, you've been wrong about pretty much everything up to now, despite the 24 years of "experience", so you shouldn't feel too bad about this.

Quote:
It is, isnt it ? You hate courage and respect and duty...things you have been put down for lacking...this is your chance to even things up by telling everyone virutes you dont have are undesirable.

I've given you more than enough rope and you've succeeded in hanging yourself a number of times. You even quote your own ignorance and seem to revel in the fact that you are doing so.

Apparently, that's what 24 years of experience in the US military will do for you.

Ionus

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:51 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Well, you've been wrong about pretty much everything up to now, despite the 24 years of "experience", so you shouldn't feel too bad about this.
I'll put this in the "I know you are, but what am I" category.

Quote:
I've given you more than enough rope and you've succeeded in hanging yourself a number of times. You even quote your own ignorance and seem to revel in the fact that you are doing so.
Is that a standard reply when in trouble ? If you think that, then you need help to form a coherent argument.

What country is suffering with your presence ?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 10:10 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I have only seen one angle from you : women must be in the military.

I've never stated that they MUST be in the military, only that they should not be denied access to it. There is a significant functional difference here. People, both male and female, have a side range of skills and things they can offer the military. It is illogical to deny a person access who has skills the military wants/needs. I am not advocating that we force people, male or female into the military.

Ionus wrote:

You tried to play down my experience. Somehow you got your ego involved. I am the one entitled to have their ego involved, I put up with this rubbish that you say must not exist because it is politically incorrect.
Well it does exist.

It is very difficult to take you serious when you are arguing not only for what you are entitled to but that what you are entitled to is having your ego involved.

Play down your experience? You're just another person. You get to provide input, not demand to be the judge/referee.

Ionus wrote:

Your "lets everyone pretend it is working attitude" is driven by your inability to expand your mind to comprehend there is a problem, never mind a solution.

Why would I need to provide a solution for women being in the military, when I believe they should not be denied access? All the problems they seem to cause in your so called "examples" are of men not doing their job, and you blaming the women for being in their proximity. You are trying to take one person's actions and make someone else accountable for them.

In your example, if the male soldier does not do his job, the women should be kicked out. This argument was doomed from the start.

T
K
O