ABORTION

angels live

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:09 am
@Green Witch,
no we should not. jesus said in Romans. "Bring your children unto me, do not forbid them". God loves all children and I think that God would not want women to abort or murder their children. For each child has a purpose here on earth. Does not matter the surcumstance
angels live

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:15 am
@djjd62,
for me its about the love relation between them. Rather to think about the mental damage caused to a mothers brain/mind after having the thaught of murdering her baby as they(the mothers) would put it..
0 Replies

angels live

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:19 am
@rabel22,
throwing a new born into a trash can is ilegal, mostly to explain it in a easier way. the mother then abandons a human being.it then is already in full form of production. thater than in the other case you mentiond, the baby then is a human beaing and not a piece of tishu, but yet. still in prodution. when still in poroduction.it is legal.
0 Replies

angels live

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:22 am
@Merry Andrew,
it is alive inside the mother.with a heart-beat in store and growing organs. the child is stil in its growing secuence of 9months. abortion then takes tahat child. sucks it through a vacume-like machine and kills him.therefore this causes the child not to have a chance of being born.but still of being unborn.
0 Replies

angels live

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
couldn't say it better myself!
0 Replies

angels live

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:50 am
At the end of the day, it looks like a Case of morality. There will always be many questions,answers and arguments. The person must live with that dessision for the rest of her life,and in most cases,its a haunting desaster.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 09:20 pm
@angels live,
Sorry, angels, but I'm a Christian and I have a different perspective. God does not intend for all unborn children to live. For example, God gave me two miscarriages. (The medical term is "spontaneous abortion.") So if it's OK for God to cause an abortion, why is it necessarily wrong for us to do the same?

See, it isn't simple. This really isn't a black-and-white, right-or-wrong issue. It has so many shades of gray.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 10:15 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

Sorry, angels, but I'm a Christian and I have a different perspective. God does not intend for all unborn children to live. For example, God gave me two miscarriages. (The medical term is "spontaneous abortion.") So if it's OK for God to cause an abortion, why is it necessarily wrong for us to do the same?

See, it isn't simple. This really isn't a black-and-white, right-or-wrong issue. It has so many shades of gray.

Thus Sprach Eva!

I guess we can all go home now.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 01:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I guess we can all go home now.

I recommend it.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 02:35 am
@Eva,
Quote:
So if it's OK for God to cause an abortion, why is it necessarily wrong for us to do the same?

Someone might answer, 'because people are not God'... but that's only relevant for people who believe in God and who believe the fetus is not just a clump of cells.

Quote:

And this is true on an individual to individual basis. For some people it is a black and white or right and wrong issue-in both directions- for some people it's absolutely right to do in their mind - for other people it's absolutely wrong.
But I don't think it's ever simple- although now that I think of it - I can't even say that about it. Maybe for some people it is really just as easy as throwing something away whereas for other people it'd be as unthinkable as killing their own living child.
Eva

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 08:51 am
I like your answer, aidan. And in my opinion, it's those very complexities that prevent "one-size-fits-all" laws from being fair and effective. As long as there are such deeply-held, disparate views, decisions are best made on an individual basis.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 12:27 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Someone might answer, 'because people are not God'... but that's only relevant for people who believe in God and who believe the fetus is not just a clump of cells.

Well, that is actually a very appropriate argument.

People are not God, and don't get to automatically emulate the actions of God.

And, you are perfectly correct that such an argument is only relevant to people who believe in God, but it should be pointed out that it is entirely relevant to persons who profess to believe in God, but would counter the argument (Eva).

I, for one, don't assert that the people who believe a fetus is "just a clump of cells," also don't believe in God.

It does not follow that belief in God requires the belief that a fetus is an individual human being.

Who cares, though, whether or not you believe in God?

If you believe that the fetus is a human life independant of the mother, you don't have to believe in God to accept a moral imperative that forbids the destruction of that independent life.

It's not about what God tells you, it's about what you believe to be true.

We can all post all sorts of comments in this forum, but when we go to bed at night, most of us know what we truly believe.

If you truly believe that the fetus is not just a mass of cells, similar to a tumor, then you need to reconcile your desire to end its existence with its right to exist.

I don't subscribe to moral relativism, but if a woman truly believes that she is ridding her body of a mass of cells, similar to a tumor, when she has an abortion, than I may be certain she is wrong, but I will have a hard time faulting her decision making.

Fact of the matter is that I don't believe there is more than 1% of women who undergo abortions who believe they are ridding themselves of an unwanted clump of cells.

Legally, women can rid themselves of lumps of cells and individual lives.

Whether or not something is legal has never been an assurance that it is moral.
0 Replies