Flying - should we bring our dog?

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 10:06 am
I would take him, Linkat. You can tire him out with a long walk just before
you're heading for the airport and he'll be fine, as long as you're around.
I used a kennel only once, it was a highly recommended one and I am sure they're doing fine, but it still traumatized the dog. We always got someone
to stay with the dog in our house, that's the best solution - or take him.
If you have to leave then put an work t-shirt next to him and he'll be fine.

Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 10:19 am
@CalamityJane,
Fortunately we do have friends that have taken him overnight and I know they would be kind enough to take him for a week. They have a dog as well. It is just that it seems a huge imposition and it is quite possible with it being school vacation they may not be around.

I think if we can tie in a half way decent price with taking the pup, we will. Some airlines allow it - some don't and there are several restrictions to number of pets on a flight to only certain flights. We'll have to see. I'd love to take him.
TTH

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 02:59 pm
@Linkat,
I was on a flight recently and the lady sitting next to me had a cute little dog on her lap. The flight was about 3 hours long. I hope you can take your dog with you.
Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 04:20 pm
@TTH,
I was once at the airport and this woman had her little dog with her. I overheard her talking with some people and she says she flies with him all the time. She buys a seat for him so he can "sit" next to her.
0 Replies

higginsj1980

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 01:27 am
@Linkat,
It depends upon the airlines whether your pet could travel in cabin accompanied checked baggage or manifest cargo. You may talk to the authorized person. As much as I have concerned, the cabin charge starts from $95.
I wish you best of luck..
0 Replies