Extremely light period?!?!?!

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 10:26 pm
So my period is irregular I took plan B earlier within the month I have taken the pill before and it's never really messed up my period other than probably being a little late. I had my regular post menstrual feelings such as cramping and nipple tenderness, when I bled this month it came around the time I expected my period but it was Very extra light to the point I didn't have to wear a pad or a tampon i could have wore panty liners but I wore a light flow tampon and I only had to wear one a day because when I would go to change it there would be little to no blood on there so I wouldn't put another one in until I would wipe and there was blood. This lasted 3 days, and has never happened to me before! What do you think the cause is? Could I be pregnant or was it just a irregular light period?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 9,968 • Replies: 7
No top replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 11:32 pm
@MsNuttnButta,
err a possible chance if you have had unprotected sex....otherwise it could just be stress...see how your next period goes.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 12:51 am
@MsNuttnButta,
Quote:
I wore a light flow tampon and I only had to wear one a day because when I would go to change it there would be little to no blood on there so I wouldn't put another one in until I would wipe and there was blood. This lasted 3 days, and has never happened to me before!

Please re-evaluate your practice of leaving the tampon inside you all day and changing it only once a day. Read below to learn why.

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/tampon.html

What is TSS?

You've probably heard of this disease before, and how it may be connected to tampon use. TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) is an infection that is very rare, but potentially dangerous. TSS can affect anyone, male or female. However, it occurs most frequently in young women who wear tampons. You will probably never get TSS, but it's good to know what the symptoms are and how to avoid putting yourself at risk.

Tampons themselves do not cause TSS. TSS is caused by bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus. When a tampon is left inside your vagina for too long, it creates a perfect environment for different types of bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus, to grow. To avoid developing TSS, follow these guidelines when using tampons:

* Change your tampons at least every 4-8 hours or more often if necessary.
eoe

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:14 am
@Butrflynet,
Good advice Butrflynet. I remember several years ago when a few young women died because of this very thing.
0 Replies

MsNuttnButta

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:45 am
@Butrflynet,
I didn't leave it in all day....Just until the next time I went to the bathroom.. I guess I should have made that clear
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 11:25 am
There is always the possibility of pregnancy (if you had sex of course), but it is quite common to have very light periods (and sometimes none at all) when you are on the pill.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:26 pm
Google: Plan B side effects.
Sounds like you have some, including the sore nips and light periond.

Ps - time to get on regular birth control. No more "after the fact" pills!
0 Replies

Janiebab

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 07:32 pm
I've been on the same pill steady for over 10 years. My flow was normal until the last couple of years I would go months with extreamly light period flows and other months it would be regular. Like now this is the second period in a row where the flow is light. This hasn't happen since 6-8 months ago and before that I had light periods for 4-5 months. Other then that everything seems normal ( normal lenth of time, come on the same day every month, no in-between spotting). I am due for a Pap soon (I get it every 2 years) so I know I have to talk about it with her but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas?
0 Replies