Lieberman is a soulless sleaze

maporsche

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 07:26 pm
@McGentrix,
Yes, I've did that in this election too (though, mainly with my local politicians).
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 11:28 pm
@ebrown p,
I suppose if I vote based on party affilation it would be much better in the U.S.. Or so you seem to think. I still let my pols know that I am not happy with thier decisions. It would be much better if we could vote on thier decisions more often than every 4 years or so. However I am happy for you because you seem to think that everything is rosy as long as the controll goes to the dems. Let us see how you think in 2 0r 4 years from now. If you dont mind though your majesty I will continue to be unhappy with all the politicians both dem and rep. By the way you use the term democratic for our government. It isent.
snood

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 07:23 pm
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-10-30-dancart4149.jpg
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 07:48 pm
@rabel22,
Just out of curiosity (and I know this is a big hypothetical).

What would you do if you were ever happy?
rabel22

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:01 pm
@ebrown p,
The only time I am not happy is when I am talking about politicians and thier supporters who arnt smart enough to realize that that a majority of them are screwing thier supporters blind. The politicians take political contributions from them so they can run for office and become richer. They almost always become shills for big business after they have done the big business peoples business in congress. Its all about money except of course people like you who like the dems because you think that open borders will become the norm to keep the illegals coming across the border. And before you start on what a raceist I am I still think that legal immagrents are a good thing.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 07:02 am
@rabel22,
Currently my money is going to get a decent health care plan with a public option. The political contributions of individuals like me are actually thwarting the money from the corporations, Harry Reid (someone I am not always thrilled with) is putting the public option, the big corporations don't want, into the mark up.

Recently I was happy that my contributions to the Democrats helped pass the Lily Ledbetter act which ensures fair pay for women in the workplace (against the interests of big business).

Most of the Democrats support increased rights for labor and protections for organizers. The EFCA has significant support in the Democratic caucus (over the strong objections of big business).

Then there is Net Neutrality and Credit Card reform.

You can always look at the negatives, or you can seek out and support the positive things that the Democrats are doing.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 07:26 am
@ebrown p,

Quote:
You can always look at the negatives, or you can seek out and support the positive things that the Democrats are doing.

I agree.
When I look at who has hurt or helped the most people in this country I find the Democrats to be the better of the parties. My biggest complaint is they tend to be wimps and are willing to cave in on their best ideas to so called bipartisanship (read: Republican bullying). Clinton was the King of Wimpyness. I'm hoping Obama will put up a better fight and I will try to vote for people who will support him in his efforts.

PS- I think both sides think Liberman is a hypocrite and a jerk even within the allowances of being a politician.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 11:12 am
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:
I have taken to voting against the incumbent. If I have to vote for a crook than I think we should spread the wealth among many crooks.

Very Happy

I quite like this approach. Definitely something to consider in those elections where none of the available candidates seem sane or trust-worthy.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 11:22 am
@ehBeth,
That's a fine attitude in any state but my own.

If people in other states always vote for incumbents-- that is fine. It means that my representatives from my state will get the power that comes with seniority.

I figure that stronger of a voice I have in Congress the better-- if other people want to weaken their own representatives out of spite, it's fine with me.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:53 pm
Quote:
Now Lieberman the committee chairman says he’ll oppose the health care bill if it has a public option, because that will add too much to the deficit. That makes no sense to me, since the public option is actually a vehicle to control health costs. But there you are. Connecticut is a state full of insurance companies, and maybe it should come as no surprise that he’s caving in to their concerns.

.But now he’s running around on the Sunday talk shows announcing that he’ll support a filibuster " keep the whole plan from coming up for a vote unless the public option goes. And he says he’s doing this as a matter of conscience. He wants the world to admire him for stopping the Senate from having an opportunity to vote on a health care plan the president campaigned for and a majority of the chamber supports.

If Lieberman had just said “look, this is bad for a big industry in my state and I’m going to use whatever tools I can get my hands on to stop it in its tracks” I would still be in despair, but not in my current state of door-pounding, head-banging rage.

But he wants us to admire him! As if he was risking his career to save puppies or fight unemployment!

http://theconversation.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/awed-and-depressed-by-a-health-care-bill/

RIGHT ON......
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:00 pm
Quote:
Published: December 13, 2009
WASHINGTON " In a surprise setback for Democratic leaders, Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, independent of Connecticut, said on Sunday that he would vote against the health care legislation in its current form.

But on Sunday, Mr. Lieberman told the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid, to scrap the idea of expanding Medicare and abandon any new government insurance plan or lose his vote

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/health/policy/14health.html?hpw

No doubt about it.....the class clown is having the time of his life!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:16 am
@snood,
Obama is a soulless sleaze
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 09:03 pm
Quote:
I think the evidence is overwhelming that Lieberman double-crossed Reid, Schumer and the rest of his colleagues.

The Medicare buy-in compromise was not announced until it had been cleared with Lieberman. I was in close touch with the negotiations at the time, and everyone involved thought Lieberman was on board. I don’t think they misunderstood what Lieberman was telling them, since his own public statement at the time, while cautious, was positive. “I am encouraged by the progress toward a consensus on proposals to send to the Congressional Budget Office to review,” he said on Dec. 9. "It is my understanding that at this point there is no legislative language so I look forward to analyzing the details of the plan and reviewing analysis from the Congressional Budget Office and the Office of the Actuary in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid." But of course Lieberman did not so “look forward” to the Congressional Budget Office analysis that he actually waited to see it. He dropped the hammer on the buy-in before the analysis appeared. This is not about substance. It’s about political positioning. It may also be, as some bloggers have suggested, about Lieberman’s determination to torture liberals. And you have to worry about whether Lieberman will not turn around and find some new objection to the health-care bill after he gets this concession

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2009/12/the_public_option_died_last.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

Over course he did, this is how Lieberman rolls, we know this. I is all about him, it is always all about him!
0 Replies