Am I having an affair?

gleefil

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 09:45 pm
Here's the deal, I have been separated nearly two years, yes, years. recently I met a fabulous woman, whom I'm crazy for. My kids have met her and they get along fine.
I took her to Florida for a weekend getaway, and my soon to be ex found out and she insists I am having an affair.
I say I'm not, since you and I are separated and the divorce is pending, papers have been files, it is her that is stalling the process.

My question, am I having an affair?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 4,251 • Replies: 5
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 09:51 pm
@gleefil,
No! You've been separated for two years - who in their right mind would
assume you're abstinent for such a long time (voluntarily). My question
is: why do you care what your soon-to-be ex is insisting on? Let her think
whatever she wants to, you're a free man already, on paper in a short time.
Just ignore it!
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 10:36 pm
@CalamityJane,
I agree with everything you say, CJ, except for one thing: do you have to be married to have an affair? I think gleefil is having an affair and I see nothing at all wrong with it. But there might be a semantic difficulty here.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 06:16 am
There is a difference in the legal sense. You are still married in the eyes of the law until the divorce is filed.

You are in legal "limbo" right now.

Don't worry about it, but I would not have an overnight with her when the kids are around.

Sounds like you are going to have difficulty with a new girlfriend who the kids really like. I think this is the real issue.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 06:21 am
I'm not sure what all the concern is about. If you are having an affair, it is not illegal and you are not sneaking around. I don't think your relationship qualifies as an affair, but even if it does, who cares other than your soon to be ex?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 07:43 am
@engineer,
In California it wouldn't matter legally. I don't know a thing about marriage law. elsewhere. Morally - you're home free, whatever you might call your weekend in Florida.
0 Replies