Itching hands and feet

Mon 26 Oct, 2009 04:04 pm
ok so my mom has been haveing problems with her feet icthing.I read that its a symptom of liver disease and that worries me. She has tried to get a hlod of her doctor but can't. We have tried anti-itch creams and bold bond powder and they help for a little while but after an hour or so the itching comes back.We don't know what to do....plz help just give me ideas on what might help the itching.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,467 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Mon 26 Oct, 2009 04:13 pm
There are a lot of things that can cause itching. Of course keep trying your doctor -- don't give up!

Here are a few things that can cause itching:
* allergies - could be food-related or something like changing your brand of fabric softener
* skin irritation - again, could be caused by new fabric softener, also by rough clothes, like wool
* healing wounds - and you can perpetuate this by continuing to scratch, and thereby reopen the wounds. It can be maddening, and very hard to stop (I've been there, I do understand)
* dry skin
* fungal infections
* bug bites - have you checked for things like bedbugs?
* stress
* sunburn
* hypothyroidism (low thyroid, but you'd most likely have other symptoms, like thinning hair and eyebrows, and more difficulty losing weight)
* body lice

See here for more info: http://www.medicinenet.com/itch/article.htm

And keep trying to reach your doctor!
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Mon 26 Oct, 2009 07:21 pm
Got animals in the house? Could be fleas.

Are the hands and feet also swollen?

Has she taken an over the counter benedryl?

MommysGirl

Mon 26 Oct, 2009 11:17 pm
@sullyfish6,
yeah we two puppies but we have shampooed the carpets and give them regular baths
the feet are a little swollen
yeah it didn't help any
0 Replies