We Should be Worried for Our President

maporsche

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 05:58 am
@Gala,
Careful Gala, I've been called a racist for saying far less 'hateful' things about Obama. Just yesterday in fact.

You're right though; he's a wimp and I'll add that he's also a hypocrite on this issue.
Gala

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 06:47 am
@maporsche,
I think racism will always be the elephant in the room, understandably, too.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 04:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
And yet in 2009, in Louisiana, a mixed race couple will try and get married, and elected conservative official will refuse to carry out his job because his bias, and then conservatives will rush in to defend and speak about accommodations.

Only the first part is established as fact, the rest in conjecture. Has the state supreme court ethics panel decided to take up this case? Only if they do so, and rule that the judge violated the law can you make such claims. It may well be that what he did should be against the law, but it is not at all clear that it was.

What part is conjecture? Specifically.

An elected official did not do his duties admittedly due to his personal bias, and conservatives have rushed in to defend and the argument of accommodations has been used.

I don't have to wait for the ruling to state any of these things. These things are independent of the ruling.

T
K
O

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 05:52 pm
@Diest TKO,
It has yet to be shown that the JP violated the controlling legal authority, which is state law. Most everyone agree that he violated federal anti discrimination law, but even this has not been decided yet, they are looking at it. It may we me that state law was defective, not the JP. We are talking about Louisiana here for cripes sake, they are practically legendary down there for corruption and faulty administration of the law.

as for the second, I have yet to see anyone support the JP, red or blue. This is not a partisan issue.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 04:06 am
It's all too ironic for me.

"How long before we starting "living out the true meaning" of our creeds, both civil and religious, that all men and women are created equal and that "red and yellow, black and white" all are precious in God's sight?"

OMG. With seriousness?

Red is at the first of his list too. Too frigging funny.

Do I think some of what he is saying is true, and has merit? For sure.

Do I think he is a douchbag with a degree? For sure.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:42 pm
I remember being pissed that this awful writer kept saying "we whites," as if he'd been elected spokesperson... I wonder if the Secret Service is busier with Obama than previous presidents... and, just to add in with others's statements, I've never heard anyone threaten the president, though my mother does think he's the anti-Christ and responsible for sabotaging off-shore oilrigs, gutting Social Security and generally leading the country to the eternal precipice...
snood

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 09:13 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I remember being pissed that this awful writer kept saying "we whites," as if he'd been elected spokesperson... I wonder if the Secret Service is busier with Obama than previous presidents... and, just to add in with others's statements, I've never heard anyone threaten the president, though my mother does think he's the anti-Christ and responsible for sabotaging off-shore oilrigs, gutting Social Security and generally leading the country to the eternal precipice...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts950

An internal congressional report questioning the ability of the
Secret Service to continue fulfilling its duties was leaked to the Boston Globe. The report says the Secret Service is strained by a drastic increase in threats to President Obama, coupled with deep budget cuts.
JTT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:02 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
this awful writer ...

C'mon Lash. You're way more thoughtful than this.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 06:47 pm
@snood,
Awful news. Considering how hated Bush was, and the myriad of groups he inflamed, I imagined that although the demographics of Obama haters may have shifted, the number of threats may be similar. Sorry to hear it's worse. Very hopeful the SS can stay on top of things. 400%. Staggering.

JTT -you thought he was a good writer?
slkshock7

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:27 pm
Bad quote or old news...I trust the words of the Secret Service Director more than the author of a book on the Secret Service out to make a buck....

US News and World Report wrote:
When it comes to death threats, well, Barack Obama is finally just a regular old president. Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan reports that the surge in threats against Obama, peaking on Inauguration Day, has plummeted. "It's now at a level where it was with other presidents, and that's a good thing," Sullivan tells Whispers.

source
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 09:39 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
JTT -you thought he was a good writer?

I didn't say that. But I thought that it was a cheap shot, not at all Lash. I didn't notice anything that would make him a bad writer. It didn't seem to leap out at a whole bunch of folk.
Lash

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 10:00 pm
@JTT,
Not at all a cheap shot. I've disagreed with the content of many articles - but didn't have any crit of their writing.
JTT

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 09:32 am
@Lash,
Quote:
... but didn't have any crit of their writing.

Nor have you here. Just an unsubstantiated intimation that he is a bad writer.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:14 am
My experience demonstrates that racial social change usually only changes when the old racist generation dies. The next generation is less racist but still feeling superior. When that generation dies, it gets better when they are gone---unless large groups of racists stir up racial hatred again.

We are living in dangerous times for a racism repeat.

BBB
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:22 am
@Lash,
Talk about cheap shots!

Who was the chickenshit asshole who gave Lash the minus 1, or are there a number of you?

Sglass

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 01:03 pm
@snood,
Snood,how many people today even remember what the civil rights movement was about. My early civil rights activities encluding voter registration in Red Bank NJ. I do think you will believe the number of black folks who were over 50 that had never voted.

Did someone drop the ball before the game was over?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 01:17 pm
@JTT,
LOL...I've noticed a few members have a traveling fan club of people who follow them around thumbing them down. I seem to have finally collected my own. Don't take it seriously, JT. I don't. Wink
Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 01:19 pm
Good thread, Snood . . . there's so much bullshit in it that if we could smell it, we'd think we were in a barnyard . . . but a good thread nonetheless. I find the constant references by conservatives to "the plantation" to be a very revealing indicator of their attitude toward race and this President.
Lash

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 01:38 pm
Andrew Manis wrote:
Quote:
Second, I'm going to report to the FBI any white person I overhear saying, in seriousness or in jest, anything of a threatening nature about President Obama.

So, assassination is ok, as long as it ain't by whitey? How does anyone support this?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 03:41 pm
@Lash,
I don't take it seriously, Lash. It's actually indicative that you've said something of worth.

I just want those trembling little children to grow some balls.
0 Replies