We Should be Worried for Our President

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 09:04 pm
@soozoo,
Quote:
That, in my opinion, is extreme racism and does great harm to the world's perspective on "racial equality."

well you know, if you object to blacks claiming that the black part of their genetic make-up is more important than the other parts then you are a racist. Then they go into "we identify as black, which is our right, we are what ever we say we are".......no. Genetics is a science, it is not what ever a person wants it to believe that it is. Obama is free to claim that he is black, feel black, but he is a mutt.
maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 09:14 pm
@snood,
Listen carefully. Bullshit.
0 Replies

soozoo

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 09:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
I said skin color should be of no importance. Obama is the one who continues to refer to himself as a black man, which is why I believe he is a racist.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 09:53 pm
@soozoo,
I agree, and it does not matter to me. Obama wants to have it both ways, he claims that race does not matter, but then he puts a lot of importance on the part of himself that comes from black stock. He put himself out there as the pride and joy of the black race, when the whites have equal claim over him if we whites care, which as a white person comes across to me as dismissive of his white roots. What he has done is kinda shitty, but like I said, I don't care what he thinks he is. Believing in equality and honesty enough to practice it would be nice though.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 01:25 am
@snood,
I think the professor should have his report titled: When is Andrew Manis Going to Get Over It?

And when are you going to get over it, snood?

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 10:57 am
@JTT,
This is a pretty disgusting prejudice you've shown.

I wonder if snood, a military man himself, would appreciate your comment.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 12:13 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Re: JTT (Post 3793397)
This is a pretty disgusting prejudice you've shown.

I wonder if snood, a military man himself, would appreciate your comment.

We could start with asking her to explain how it could possibly be that West Point was rated as THE BEST university in America in one major ranking this year........
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 08:31 pm
Jtt, Merry Andrew, Sglass, Msolga, Eva, Littlek, edgar, Diest -
You're welcome. I thought the author of the article said some things much more clearly than I am capable of - I am so impassioned about the subject that all that comes out is sputtering, when I try to talk about it.

And JTT, I am not offended by your contrasting of "educated" and "military" people, as one of the walking dead here suggested I should be. Because the truth is, there are an awful lot of knuckle-dragging, brainwashed types in the military.
maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 08:45 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

as one of the walking dead here suggested

I'd ask you to explain this hateful comment snood.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 09:44 pm
I think it is very interesting what degree people have gone to express how it is not special at all that Obama is part black.

I believe that one of the greatest misconceptions about the race of any president prior to Obama is that their race was irrelevant. If you are white and you want a white president, you've never had to say a single word until the prospect that a president could actually be guess what? Not white.

The fact that the whiteness of previous presidents was not so publicly discussed is NOT because white people cared LESS about race.

T
K
O
maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 09:46 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

The fact that the whiteness of previous presidents was not so publicly discussed is NOT because white people cared LESS about race.

Indeed the author of the article thinks that white people care EVEN MORE than black people about race.

I mean, I remember seeing the statistic that over 90% of all white people voted for McCain, which beats the 85% of black people who voted for Obama.
Diest TKO

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 10:12 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:

Indeed the author of the article thinks that white people care EVEN MORE than black people about race.

I think it could be true. Perhaps by number, and not percentage. I can only guess on that though.

maporsche wrote:

I mean, I remember seeing the statistic that over 90% of all white people voted for McCain, which beats the 85% of black people who voted for Obama.

CNN numbers:

57% White for McCain
95% Black for Obama

I do not know what these statistic represent in volume though.

Additionally:

67% Latino for Obama
62% Asian for Obama
66% Other for Obama

I think this could be good for calibration perhaps. Analyze the communities with no dogs in the fight so to speak.

Something to think about is how much of this discussion is varies due to geography.

T
K
O
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 10:35 pm
Frankly, the fact that Obama is part black part white means nothing in regard to how smart he is or how qualified he is to be president, and if anyone voted for him or did not vote for him based upon race, they are the racists. They are the ones with the problem, not the rest of us. To be honest, count me as one tired of hearing about it, I don't care. If someone is intent upon voting for a black man, I would vote for Michael Steele, or any one of many other conservative blacks. But the truth is, let us take Justice Thomas as an example, it is hard to find people that savaged the man more than fellow blacks. Many of the race baiters like Jessie Jackson, and organizations like the NAACP, they only care about blacks being elected if they are liberal, and they make their living off of racism being propagated and extended. It is they that will not let go of it.

As commentators go, I happen to love Thomas Soule, just one example, but who hates the man more than liberal black people? The Democrats want to keep the blacks on the plantation, and reap the 90% votes every election. Hopefully someday they will wake up and realize they've been taken for huge ride.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 11:03 pm
@okie,
We are in two wars that are not going well, the economy is in the shitter, we are destroying our kids futures by impoverishing them, we have in the last ten years lost most of what remained of the global respect for America.....And according to TKO and his merry band of conspiracy theorists we are supposed to be primarily concerned with the fact that Obama has some black in him? WTF?

This is not 1959 people, and we are not seven years old. Most people know this.
Diest TKO

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 11:15 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
they only care about blacks being elected if they are liberal

okie wrote:
If someone is intent upon voting for a black man, I would vote for Michael Steele, or any one of many other conservative blacks.

okie wrote:
They are the ones with the problem, not the rest of us.

Normally, you don't make it this easy. Normally it takes two of your posts to contradict yourself.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 11:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
according to TKO and his merry band of conspiracy theorists we are supposed to be primarily concerned with the fact that Obama has some black in him?

When did I say this should be our primary concern? What conspiracy have I presented?

Double Strawman.
Double Bullshit.

T
K
O
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 02:09 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Obama is free to claim that he is black, feel black, but he is a mutt.

As most of us who were born in America are , by definition to one extent or another- only most of us have enough respect for human beings to limit the use of that term to animals -specifically dogs.

(And yes, I know he used that term himself about himself - but that's another issue).
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 02:35 am
@aidan,
Quote:
As most of us who were born in America are , by definition to one extent or another- only most of us have enough respect for human beings to limit the use of that term to animals -specifically dogs.

20 years ago yes, but not now...this is fairly common usage of the word. I do push the boundries of the acceptable as you well know, and this is another example of that. I would not use that word if I were sitting in suit and tie in the Oval, but if I were sitting in the bar with Obama I would say it if the subject came up, and I think that he would get it.

one example from someone who clearly means no disrespect;
Quote:
Obama is a "mutt" who identifies as black not merely because of the tyranny of the outside world, but because in America, biracial is just another way of being black. Tiger Woods' insistence on identifying himself as "cablinasian" was met with such hostility because of the extra distance he seemed to be drawing between himself and other black folks. Biracial blacks have identified as black for a long time, and while it was once because of oppressive laws and cultural practices, it is now because this is where most of us feel we belong, because this is where a space for us has been made.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=hes_black_get_over_it
aidan

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 03:38 am
@hawkeye10,
Yeah I know it's used and so is the word 'mixed'. I respect the rights of people who view themselves in this way to use this word to describe themselves if that's their wish- I wish they wouldn't because I think it confuses the issue and leaves the door open for people who REALLY mean to portray a group of people as less than human and animalistic as such-but I definitely don't think other people should call other people 'mutts'.

Would you call yourself a mutt (if you are one)? I know I wouldn't call myself a mutt (and I am one- technically I'm not a pure-bred anything).

I also wouldn't like anyone implying I'm someone or something who gave birth to a mutt. That's really objectionable. I wonder how Obama's mom feels when he calls himself a mutt or hears other people calling him a mutt.

Gala

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 09:25 am
@snood,
"Should" is your view. I don't believe the word means much but pressure.

I'm not sure worrying about Obama is the best way to go. He's a grown man and knows what he's taken on by becoming president. Nonetheless, I get the editorial writers point, but I don't think worrying is all that useful.

Are there asshole racists from sea to shining sea? Yes. I think most not-racist white people acknowedge racism hasn't ended just because Obama made it to the White House. I believe this editorial guy white guy writes about a loud and angry minority of fear-mongers. Granted, it only takes one nutjob to do some damage.

0 Replies