How did Nick Griffin do on BBC Question Time?

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 05:13 pm
@msolga,
Yeah, Msolga you're right.
Britain owes all it's wealth and prosperity through invading other countries and nabbing their stuff and turning them into slaves.
I don't know, the history of the British Empire REALLY doesn't get mentioned or talked about much over here. We don't get taught it in school. Not even at A level.

Jesus.
Ok, I just read the wikipedia page. I didn't even realise it was THAT bad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_empire

I'm not sure if we have a 'moral responsibility'- I hate normative ethics, and 'shoulds', but on a personal level, I don't want to stop people from coming and enjoying the prosperity of our country.

Lovejoy, did you know that tiny little Britain once dominated a quarter of the world? Do YOU think it's fair we **** the world over then close the floodgates?
Nick Griffin mentioned frequently the 'indigenous people' of this land, and how they are suffering. The population of England is currently about 60 million. What did the 458 million people across the globe feel about the way in which WE dominated them?

I wonder what the reaction would be if the immigration was from west europe, not east europe and the middle east. Everyone complains about loads of halal butchers opening, and polish shops. I think the racist thing is, that if there was an 'Itallian district' people probably wouldn't care. 'Oh wow, they'll open lots of lovely pasta restraunts' etc.

Sorry this is disjointed, I'm really ill and tired.
spendius

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 06:05 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Quote:
I'm really ill and tired.

That means you're doing something wrong Queenie.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 05:43 am
@spendius,
wrong?
spendius

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 06:28 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
That's what I assume if I'm ill and tired. Even food poisoning is caused by me eating in the wrong place.

A young, healthy woman such as you should not be ill and tired.

I just take it for granted that my head is taking my body where it doesn't want to go and that a protest is taking place. And I take notice.

I saw a table of stress the other day which placed death of a loved spouse at 100 and vacations on 12 and Christmas on 11. I've had vacations and Christmas on Ignore since I was your age.

0 Replies