How did Nick Griffin do on BBC Question Time?

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 05:34 pm
@spendius,
OK, whatever that means ....
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 09:28 am
I think he means the queen is a puppet.

To be honest, the reaction from the right-wing media was ridiculous. It's doing them a lot of favours. The Daily Mail can offload all the charges of 'real' racism to the BNP, and can continue it's only slightly more subtle barrage of hate towards immigrants and Muslims with a veneer of more legitimacy.
What's the difference between saying that a gay man dying young "strikes another blow to the happy-ever-after myth of civil partnerships" and that two men kissing is 'a bit creepy.'
spendius

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 10:35 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Quote:
What's the difference between saying that a gay man dying young "strikes another blow to the happy-ever-after myth of civil partnerships" and that two men kissing is 'a bit creepy.'

I don't know what is meant by the first but I find the mere thought of two men kissing ridiculous. I suspect that if two men started kissing in my pub, an unknown event, the landlord would ask them to leave. If I remember correctly Mr Griffin stressed the public display of such anti-evolutionary and distasteful ideas and offered to defend the private practice of them even if they do lead to exceeding the speed limit up the Marmite Motorway or ignoring the NO ENTRY sign on the Bournville Boulevard.

I have seen two men kissing on television mind you, before I could get to the remote control, and it did nothing for me apart from a twinge of sympathy for two girls sat at home watching Question Time unkissed.

I suppose it might have a residual attraction if they both had bushy beards to which remnants of their steak pudding supper remained clinging. And one closed one's eyes.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:19 pm
@spendius,
That was a rubbish answer.
'The first' was a Jan Moir reference.

The 'anti-evolutionary' argument against homosexuality is wank. Look at Bonobos. That argument makes condoms, certain types of sexual morality and vasectomies all wrong as well.
spendius

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:59 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Quote:
That was a rubbish answer.

I thought it was quite good actually Queenie.

Quote:
'The first' was a Jan Moir reference.

I had never heard that name before.

Quote:
The 'anti-evolutionary' argument against homosexuality is wank.

That argument is held aloft by its own hot air.

Quote:
Look at Bonobos.

Before I do that are you referring to the designers of male pants with small waists, the pygmy monkey or the Japanese band?

Quote:
That argument makes condoms, certain types of sexual morality and vasectomies all wrong as well.

That is true but the vasectomy is a one off and if you go to a priest and confess it you will get 3 Our Fathers and 3 Hail Marys for penance and you're out in the clear.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 04:27 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
That argument makes condoms, certain types of sexual morality and vasectomies all wrong as well.

That is true but the vasectomy is a one off and if you go to a priest and confess it you will get 3 Our Fathers and 3 Hail Marys for penance and you're out in the clear.

Laughing

Jan Moir:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/oct/19/jan-moir-complain-stephen-gately
spendius

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 04:46 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Actually Queenie, being less cynical and more orthodox, one might remind people that Jesus said- "if thy eye offendeth thee, pluck it out" and the ability to get ladies with child is a burden which offends many men in the circumstances applicable today in our advanced societies.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 07:35 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Actually Queenie, being less cynical and more orthodox, one might remind people that Jesus said- "if thy eye offendeth thee, pluck it out" and the ability to get ladies with child is a burden which offends many men in the circumstances applicable today in our advanced societies.

And doesn't offend the women?
spendius

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 04:19 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Some. Not all.
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 06:06 am
Where mass immigration is concerned the voice of Nick Griffin is the only sensible voice in Britain.

When the brain dead Tony Blair opened Britain to mass immigration it was the most costly mistake imaginable consider:

We are thought of as a country where health care is free which is bull**** British people pay from the day they leave school until the day they retire.

Not so for immigrants, without having to pay a penny from day one they are entitled to free health care, free dentistry, free housing, welfare cheques, child benefit payments and free schooling for their (usually numerous kids)

WHO DO YOU THINK IS PAYING FOR ALL THIS?

Let me give you a clue, Tony (the tosser blair) has told us that we shouldn't now expect to retire at 65 years old after half a century of working because the country can't afford to pay us our pensions.

Well since we have paid it in for 50 years where has our money gone?
Can you guess?

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 10:16 am

We haven't got mass immigration. We've got restricted immigration.

Which, if the experts are to be believed, we need. For one thing, I don't see the NHS working without foreign staff.
spendius

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 10:20 am
@McTag,
I thought lovejoy's loving post too naive to bother responding to Mac.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 05:04 pm
Lol at lovejoy.
I especially enjoyed the bit which suggested immigrants have more children than natives. Especially when Nick Griffin's arguments hijack the christian religion to such an extent and we've just had the conversation about Catholicism and condoms.

Spendius, someone needs to bother to argue or reply. It will knock him/her into shape.
McTag

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 05:16 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,

PQ with respect, immigrants do have more children than natives, per family.
This is concern in France, and it's a concern here.
It changes the demographic over time. Maybe they'll become less fecund as they become more British.

What can we say? Holland, France, Britain had their overseas colonies, now maybe we've got to pay back a little. Seems fair to me.

And Germany's got Turkey, or rather Turks, without the benefit of it being a former colony. Mostly though, they were Gastarbeiter or guest workers- they were needed and were invited.
spendius

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 05:58 pm
@McTag,
Mac- It was the Tory Party who started immigration from colonies and ex-colonies into the UK. They actually advertised "Come to Britain" in those places.

Tories want a competitive workforce. Labour doesn't.

I can't understand why such obvious facts are on Ignore.
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 06:46 pm
@McTag,
Well it's been "restricted" to 4 million in the last 12 years, doesn't sound much of a restriction does it?
McTag

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 05:38 am
@lovejoy,

I don't think we get told the truth about numbers. Possibly no-one knows for sure.

I'd like to stop the illegals, for sure.

They say though, the Russians are going home and so are the Poles, since the downturn and the slump of the pound.

Ebb and flow.

We're in a poor position to complain about refugees, though, being a prosecutor of overseas wars, don't you think?
spendius

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:46 am
@McTag,
Quote:
since the downturn and the slump of the pound.

A pal of mine is off to Riga tomorrow. He goes twice a year because he says the whores there are beautiful. I asked him what they cost. He totted up the drinks and the taxi and the girl and the exchange rate and arrived at £120. He said it was £70 two years ago.

As that system is not taxed, the whore's drinks are coloured water, it is reasonable to compare the price with untaxed beer and I reckon that for £120 you could get 600-700 pints of beer. With a labourer on the minimum wage you could get bricks carried up a ladder for three days for £120. 5 days if the hod carrier is in the twilight economy.

Which is how a scientist with no particular sensitivities would look at the matter. The whore's work is actually the equivalent on the yin/yang index of 6-7 hundred pints of beer and a couple of thousand bricks being lifted up against the force of gravity and often in difficult weather conditions. It is very rare for hod carriers to get perfect weather conditions.

And the whore gets her 8 hours sleep as usual.

The pimp is in an even better position.

Another pal goes to Thailand regularly. He says it £20 there.

It looks like Riga is an up-coming vibrant economic miracle.

Of course, arguing about evolution professionally is on another level. Every sentence Professor Dawkins utters in that field must be worth millions of pints of beer and an incalcuable number of bricks being raised above the ground by 20 feet. That's really refined I should have thought. It puts such a low value on the work of others. Especially brick lifting. And without the bricks Professor Dawkins's papers would all blow away and he would have to go to the toilet in the bushes, like monkeys do, civilised one I mean, instead of in the professor's suite.

0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:55 am
@McTag,
The illegals don't concern me so much they are not entitled to all the things that legals are, in fact they shouldn't be entitled to anything.

Given that your name is McTag I'll assume if I may for a moment that you are a resident of bonnie Scotland.

Consider this: we talk about immigrants coming to the UK but that isn't a fair assessment of the true situation.

Immigrants don't flock here to live in the beautiful highlands of Scotland, or the valley's of wales they come to England, it's not a UK problem it's purely Englands problem.

Now riddle me this, if all these people are self sufficient where did they all get their money from to buy houses, where did they get jobs given that there aren't any particularly for the non skilled. (and please don't try and tell me that they are all highly skilled people because if they were why would they want to come here in the first place.

I'm not a racist but I'm not blind to the obvious either.

I don't know whether you saw the documentary on TV a few short weeks ago, The leaders of EVERY european country is now saying that immigration is out of control

spendius

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:05 pm
@lovejoy,
Immigration is always out of control lj. Do you want better Berlin walls?

It surprises me that anyone would quote meaningless statements.

Immigration is a naturally evolved propensity in mankind. It deepens and widens the gene pool you see. Which reduces the number of silly sods like you according to scientists.

0 Replies