Man arrested for being naked in his own home

Linkat

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 11:39 am
Virginia man was making coffee in his kitchen and didn’t thing anything of the fact that he was nude since he was alone in the house.

A woman and her 7-year-old son happened to be strolling through his front yard and saw the 29-year-old having breakfast in the buff through his window.

They called the cops and he was arrested for indecent exposure.

Should she be arrested for trespassing?

And if he is in trouble this will be dangerous to me - I've frequently run across my living room to the laundry buck naked to get some clothes (we have a curtain, but no shade) so anyone walking back there would get an eye full.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2009/10/22/2009-10-22_virginia_man_arrested_for_indecent_exposure_for_being_naked_in_his_own_home.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 29 • Views: 4,484 • Replies: 75
Topic Closed
No top replies

DrewDad

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 11:44 am
@Linkat,
I read about this yesterday; the cops were of the opinion that he was wanting to be seen.

I'd think this is a case where they'd have to show intent, which I think would be difficult.

Hadn't heard they were in his front yard, though.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 11:59 am
Kind of a stupid thing to get arrested for. Even if the cops showed up and said, "hey dude, we got a complaint," doesn't go directly to "we're taking you to jail." Why can't the cops come and sort a situation out like this without having to arrest someone. I'm also wondering why this mother and her child were crossing through the man's yard. Similar question to before. How come this was immediately a situation for the police? Why was calling necessary?

T
K
O
Linkat

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:20 pm
@Diest TKO,
Same questions I have...seems odd.

I could see the cops coming over and saying - hey dude shut your shades some kid saw you buck naked or something like that.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:27 pm
you like that term "buck naked", don't you?

kinda turns you on, huh?

There I was, buck naked at noon, rearranging the patio furniture, when I realized it was Fall, and all the leaves on the bushes between me and the all boys high school next to me had fallen.

I could hear the lunch bell ring through the air, and turning, I got my foot tangled in the chaise lounge, preventing me from running for cover.
Linkat

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:29 pm
@chai2,
buck naked just says so much more than naked.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:37 pm
That is ridiculous. This woman should be arrested for voyeurism.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:41 pm
I don't think they have a case against him, since he was in his own home and they were on his property, uninvited.
JTT

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:52 pm
I think that this clearly is a situation where the man should have been armed to the teeth, a la OmSig, and he should have plugged both those trespassers. Problem solved!
ebrown p

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:53 pm
@JTT,
Doesn't armament count as clothing?
Mame

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't think they have a case against him, since he was in his own home and they were on his property, uninvited.

Not to mention they were snooping by looking in his windows. Snooping and trespassing, yes, I think I'd lay my own charges or maybe sue them. That'd teach 'em to be so nosy and over-reactive.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:03 pm
People in glass houses . . . shouldn't run around buck naked.
Linkat

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah - but now the poor buck naked sap has to shell out money for a lawyer - just because some boneheaded lady taught her son how to trespass.
roger

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:32 pm
@Linkat,
The word is nekkid, not naked. Buck nekkid sounds ever so much more naked.
Wilso

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:36 pm
@sullyfish6,
sullyfish6 wrote:

People in glass houses . . . shouldn't run around buck naked.

Man who lives in glass house....should change in the basement.
0 Replies

mismi

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:57 pm
@roger,
YES...it is nekkid. nekkid. nekkid. nekkid. Naked is much too proper.

So - it's buck nekkid? Not butt nekkid?
http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2007/01/is-it-buck-naked-or-butt-naked.html
Merry Andrew

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:58 pm
For once I agree with JTT. He should'a been armed. None of this would'a happened if he'd only had his trusty .357 magnum within reach.
farmerman

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:05 pm
@Merry Andrew,
he only had his quarter pounder.
0 Replies

roger

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:10 pm
@mismi,
Never heard it, but butt nekkid does make more sense. I'll try to slip it into a conversation and see how it's received.
chai2

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:24 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Never heard it, but butt nekkid does make more sense. I'll try to slip it into a conversation and see how it's received.

Nekkid is when you're naked, but having more fun.