Man arrested for being naked in his own home

Linkat

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:41 pm
@chai2,
If that is the right definiation of nekkid then I would really worried if this guy was nekkid while making coffee - buck or otherwise.
chai2

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:44 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

If that is the right definiation of nekkid then I would really worried if this guy was nekkid while making coffee - buck or otherwise.

I know, he could have spilled hot coffee on his nekkidness
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:45 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Nekkid is when you're naked, but having more fun.

That usage is new to me. My kids run around nekkid all the time at home, and not in the way you're talking about.
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:45 pm
@chai2,
You're right - I looked it up in the urban dictionary and this is what it said:
Nekkid is not simply being without clothing--It means you are gettin' nekkid for mischevious purposes. [Naked] is natural.

And buck naked - - Completely nude

roger

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 03:00 pm
@Linkat,
It's hardly an urban term, but if that's what the urban dictionary says, I guess that's it.
Linkat

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 03:08 pm
@roger,
Urban dictionary is supposed to be for defining slang terms - not sure why they call it urban as nekkid is a bit more redneck than urban.
0 Replies

NickFun

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 03:09 pm
One time I was walking on the sidewalk down my street and I glanced up to see a naked woman putting on her nightgown. I just thought "that was interesting" when she came to the window and screamed "YOU PERVERT!!! GET BACK HERE!!!"

I dutifully walked back. "What's the problem?"

She screamed "YOU WERE LOOKING IN MY WINDOW!!! I'M CALLING THE COPS!!!"

I said, "You were standing naked in front of an open window and I'M the pervert? I was on the sidewalk! Go ahead and call the cops. I'll see to it that you get arrested!"

She didn't call the cops. I walked along my merry way.
0 Replies

Sglass

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 03:49 pm
If the gentlemen had a record of exposing himself or was a registered sex offender the police could possibly have cause for arrest. If not, what is the problem? Is his lawn public property. Invasion of privacy?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 04:11 pm
Just to complicate things, the expression is "buck ass nekkid."
roger

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 04:58 pm
@realjohnboy,
I've also heard "bare ass nekkid.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 05:43 pm
Hot damn, Linkat. I did a little delving and found myself getting more and more into the possible origins of this "condition." No clothes on in somewhat of a public situation.
Naked vs Nekkid is regional and is based on accents. Nekkid probably does not appear too often in written form.
Bare naked (or bum naked or butt naked) appears to be a deliberate attempt at redundancy for the sake of emphasis. Inserting the word "ass" takes that further. "Bare assed naked" has more of a rhythm to it.
"Buck naked" is trickier. The color of buckskin? A politer word than "butt?" A shorter version of "bucket" which in the 1920's was a slang word for buttocks.
Or it could be this. Male slaves in the south were often called "bucks." The slaves sometimes had to work in the fields without clothes.
The somewhat more common use of "Buck naked" in the south seems to reinforce that theory.
Chumly

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 05:51 pm
You can watch someone's head being blown clear off on public TV and it's legal, but exposed genitalia will land you in jail...how fucked up it that!
maporsche

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 06:04 pm
@Chumly,
Very
0 Replies

Wilso

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 06:54 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

You can watch someone's head being blown clear off on public TV and it's legal, but exposed genitalia will land you in jail...how fucked up it that!

In Australia you can see exposed genitalia on TV.
Chumly

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 07:01 pm
@Wilso,
You can see non-aboriginal people's genitalia as part of regular daytime programming? I understand it's only between the late hours and early morning inferring there are moral-ethical-legal issues with regular daytime programming but...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:08 pm
I've had some trouble believing this happened. At least in Virginia. Or then maybe not.

Let's get up a donation set up to send Kicky to Virginia... women probably get nekkid there too..

What I mean is, how could this be taken seriously?
But it's interesting, I've not read about the pros and cons of this before.

Does parading, dancing nekkid, so called fornicating, whatever, at your picture window - much less rinsing a glass or opening the refrigerator - become an automatic boo boo, given you are at a setback line from the sidewalk?

That even brings up picture window.... who of all of us has a picture window in the kitchen, eh?

Something odd about all this.
ossobuco

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:24 pm
@ossobuco,
I admit I used 'much less' in an unusual way, so it goes.

A lot of us don't care about nekkidity in our own homes. Of if we do, it is for more complicated familial reasons.
I'd be interested in any legal precedents on this.
Linkat

Fri 23 Oct, 2009 08:03 am
@realjohnboy,
actually any of those mentioned above is exceptable. You don't need the a$$ in the middle, although that does kinda emphasize how nekkid you are.
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 23 Oct, 2009 08:04 am
@realjohnboy,
I don't know - I just prefer "buck naked" to all the above. My personal perference only of course.
DrewDad

Fri 23 Oct, 2009 08:50 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I just prefer "buck naked"..... My personal perference only of course.

Keep your curtains closed, then.