memaw

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 12:20 am
which amendment of the bill of rights has the fewest decisions by the U.S. supreme court?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 2,040 • Replies: 8
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 07:34 am
@memaw,
memaw wrote:
which amendment of the bill of rights has the fewest decisions by the U.S. supreme court?

Good question. I don't know. Why do you ask?

Do you think that the one with the fewest USSC decisions implies that it is the least controversial?
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:19 pm
22nd
Quote:

1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress
BillRM

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 04:49 pm
@kuvasz,
He did say the bill of rights not all the amendments but if we are looking at more then the first 10 amendments I would say the last one pass after being submission to the states over 200 years ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 05:54 pm
I don't think I've ever ran across that exact figure....but I'd guess the 3rd...out of the 10.
BillRM

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 04:47 am
@2PacksAday,
I did a number of google searches and could not find the numbers of rulings concerning the bill of rights amendments.

You would think that someone complied the numbers but so far no luck at all.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 04:50 am
I'd suspect either the second or the third amendment. The Supremes have never liked to visit the second amendment.
BillRM

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 06:50 am
@Setanta,
I'd suspect either the second or the third amendment. The Supremes have never liked to visit the second amendment
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is clearly no longer he case with one ruling last session and a case before the court coming up this term.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 12:37 pm
@memaw,
http://battleofthebrains.net/teaser.aspx
You should really do the work yourself, but the correct answer is on this thread.
0 Replies