LANL paper dealing with control over gravity

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 07:40 pm
Check this out:

http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/physics/0701091
http://lanl.arxiv.org/ftp/physics/papers/0701/0701091.pdf

The "lanl" part of the url means Las Alamos National laboratories... The author notes the possible use for communications over cosmic distances. The idea of using radio waves for communication over cosmic distances of course is similar to the idea of me trying to send messages to friends in Germany by splashing stones in Baltimore harbor and hoping that the Germans will be able to read a message in the ripple waves when they get there.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,522 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JTT

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 10:30 pm
I saw the title and I just knew that the Obama government was trying to take control over gravity too. Who will stop these liberals?!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 07:17 am
@gungasnake,
First the paper says:
Quote:
It is shown that the gravity acceleration just above a chamber filled with gas or plasma at ultra-low pressure can be strongly reduced by applying an Extra Low-Frequency (ELF) electromagnetic field across the gas or the plasma.

Then the introduction says:
Quote:
I. INTRODUCTION: It will be shown that the local gravity acceleration can be controlled by means of a device called Gravity Control Cell (GCC) which is basically a recipient filled with gas or plasma where is applied an electromagnetic field.

We have no reason to think that Electromagnetic forces have any effect on Gravitational forces. There isn't a speck of evidence to indicate this to date.

Once this guy DOES show those effects, then I'll be more impressed with his wild speculation.

Gravitational control is no minor thing. Gravity is an expression of the relationship between matter/energy and space/time. If we could control that relationship (or even effect it in any way) our fundamental understanding of reality would change.

0 Replies