possessive nouns

Macho94

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 06:45 pm
I have a question? I have to change [where the dogs stay] into one possessive noun in this sentence. The kennel [where the dogs stay] is very clean.
Can someone help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 788 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 07:00 pm
Hi Macho, welcome to A2K. Is this a homework assignment? How about if you give it a try and we'll let you know if you've done it correctly and offer tips if you need it.
0 Replies

Macho94

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 07:05 pm
yes I have to answer 8 problems.
The kennel where the dog's stay is very clean
0 Replies

Macho94

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 07:20 pm
I just need someone to walk me through this one and I should be able to get the rest. I think!
0 Replies

Macho94

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 07:40 pm
I'm 8 years old and have to go to bed soon. Could someone help me. how do you change a phrase into one possessive noun. the kennel where the dogs stayis very clean underlined phrase is where the dogs stay
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 08:24 pm
The dog's kennel is very clean.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 10:49 pm
No, it's "the dogs' kennel is very clean".
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 12:05 am
Macho94 wrote:
I'm 8 years old and have to go to bed soon. Could someone help me. how do you change a phrase into one possessive noun. the kennel where the dogs stayis very clean underlined phrase is where the dogs stay

To change the phrase, you want to designate who is in possession of the noun (the kennel). If it is a single dog then you would use the apostrophe between the g and the s (dog's). If there is more then one dog then you would place the apostrophe after the s (dogs').

Hope that helps!
0 Replies