"Answered" or "answered about it"?

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 08:11 pm
1) I suspected "Hu asked her unit and she answered" is not clear enough. Should it be "Hu asked her unit and she answered about it"?
2) Has the word "round" been used properly in "first round waltz" and "second round waltz"?

Context:
During the intimate moment, which only lasted 3 minutes, shared with President Hu, the girl just said two words: One is that Hu asked her unit and she answered; another is that when first round waltz stopped and Hu wanted to quit,, she told him "the next round will get started immediately". So Hu smiled back, picked up the pace and danced again with her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,098 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 08:32 pm
The sentence is gramatically correct. It is a very concise writing style.
oristarA

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 09:07 pm
@sullyfish6,
Thank you.
Would you mind telling me if you are a native English speaker?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 01:06 am
European waltzes are just numbered: the first waltz, the second waltz, the last waltz, etc. What's this "round" thing?
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 07:47 pm
'round waltz" is the name of a specific waltz dance.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 04:35 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
1) I suspect[ed] "Hu asked her unit and she answered" is not clear enough. Should it be "Hu asked her unit and she answered about it"?

No, it's more than clear enough, Ori. If she answered something different, then that could be noted.

2) Has the word "round" been used properly in "first round waltz" and "second round waltz"?

Context:
During the intimate moment shared with President Hu, which only lasted 3 minutes, [shared with President Hu], the girl just said two words: One is that Hu asked her unit and she answered; another is that when first round waltz stopped and Hu wanted to quit, she told him "the next round will get started immediately". So Hu smiled back, picked up the pace and danced again with her.

She said more than two words, Ori;

the next round will get started immediately

"... and Hu wanted to quit"

Do you want to say this or do you want to suggest that,

Hu made a motion to end the dance but she told him, "... "
0 Replies