What is a sasquish?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,830 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 05:11 am
I suspect that the term you want is a sasquatch. There are stories in the northwest of the United States of a large, man-like creature, covered in fur, which is referred to as a sasquatch. Although it is sometimes referred to as a sasquash, sasquish is a new one on me. The creature is also refeffed to as "Big Foot," which refers to alleged foot prints of the creature--if creature it is.

The scientific term is cryptid, meaning that it is an "unknown" creature. A Canadian journalist gave it the name Sasquatch, claiming that this was the name used by one tribe. So far, we have some film which is alleged to be of this creature (and just as well could be some joker in an ape suit) and some "footprints," which could be faked as well. Take your pick. Me, i think i'll take a cup of coffee.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 05:11 am
@Adverb,
perhaps you mean Sasquatch? Its supposedly an American Indian name for the "Abominable Snowman" ofthe PAcific Northwest. Like The yeti of the Himalayas.

Its really some guy in a gorilla suit tromping around RAineir and scaring all the hikers.
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 05:12 am
@Adverb,
sasquatch on a bus
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 05:31 am
@oolongteasup,
you mean "under" a bus.
0 Replies