And this:

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 01:18 am
Please improve the paragraph of a little story:

After passing through the bronze gate and taking a glance at the splendid selling items on the first floor, I reached the elevator and stepped into the second. Here there were just a few customers and the space looked a bit empty. Having walked dozens of steps, I noticed some people had emerged from the elevator. They were blondes, walking quietly toward my direction. Amazing, I caught the scene: those clerks just stood there, showing no enthusiasm to receive their foreign customers. What heck was that? I said to myself. With a curiosity, I asked, in Chinese language, one of the female clerks, "Why are you just standing and making no effort to sell your items to the foreigners?" She replied, "I don't know English. I will not understand them." Ah, that's it! I smiled:"It doesn't matter. Just smile and nod, showing your warm welcome to them and they will understand you. Making money makes sense."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 649 • Replies: 7
No top replies

oolongteasup

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 04:08 am
@oristarA,
i followed her home, peeping is one of my hobbies
oristarA

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:17 am
@oolongteasup,
What did you mean?
panzade

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 11:42 am
@oristarA,
oolong is a tease. Her opaque wit won't help you with your English.
I do enjoy her posts though. Very Happy
oristarA

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 07:01 pm
@panzade,
I know that he teased me that I followed the girl home and take a peep into her.
Hmm, what a foul play he provoked!
Pan, you enjoyed at the expense of me, so you have to give the paragraph an editing to pay back. Smile
panzade

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 09:47 am
@oristarA,
oh ok...grumble....grumble.
Don't forget ori, English is my second language so I'm not that good at editing.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 10:31 am
@oristarA,
After passing through the bronze gate and taking a glance at the splendid selling items on the first floor, I reached the elevator and stepped into the second. Here there were just a few customers and the space looked a bit empty. Having walked dozens of steps, I noticed some people had emerged from the elevator. They were blondes, walking quietly toward my direction. Amazing, I caught the scene: those clerks just stood there, showing no enthusiasm to receive their foreign customers. What heck was that? I said to myself. With a curiosity, I asked, in Chinese language, one of the female clerks, "Why are you just standing and making no effort to sell your items to the foreigners?" She replied, "I don't know English. I will not understand them." Ah, that's it! I smiled:"It doesn't matter. Just smile and nod, showing your warm welcome to them and they will understand you. Making money makes sense."

=================

After passing through the bronze gate and taking a glance at the splendid [selling] items selling on the first floor, I reached the elevator and stepped [into] onto the second [floor??]. Here there were just a few customers and the space looked a bit empty.

Having walked dozens of steps, I noticed some people had emerged from the elevator. They were blondes, walking quietly [toward] my direction [or "towards me"].

Amazingly, I caught the scene: those clerks just stood there, showing no enthusiasm to receive their foreign customers. What the heck was that? I said to myself.

With a curiosity, I asked, in Chinese [language], one of the female clerks, "Why are you just standing and making no effort to sell your items to the foreigners?"

She replied, "I don't know English. I will not understand them." Ah, that's it! I smiled: "It doesn't matter. Just smile and nod, showing your warm welcome to them and they will understand you. Making money makes sense."
oristarA

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 08:48 pm
@JTT,
Thank you JTT.
0 Replies