Gang of N

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 09:39 am
I was reading about the Gang of 6 (not my favorite gang by the way) and I was thinking how many numbers of this progression have been used up already. The next time such a group of 6 powerful people get together, they are going to have to lose a member (since gang of seven is taken already).

Here is the ever growing list.

Gang of four: Chinese communists after the death of Mao

Gang of five: (still available)

Gang of six: Senators trying to use bipartisanship to prevent anything worthwhile from being done in the health care debate.

Gang of seven: Republican congressmen condemning the House banking scandal.

Gang of eight: The standing group of top leaders from each party in each hour of congress

Gang of nine: Corporations who developed the EISA bus (which was part of computers in the 1990s).

Gang of ten: A group lead by Sen. Chamblis to work on an energy reform act. This quickly morphed into the gang of 20.

Gang of 14: A group of Senators who worked out a deal to stop the Republicans from using the "nuclear" option to break a Democratic filibuster of judge appointments.

Gang of 20: See gang of 10.

Gang of 22: An Irish republican political group in the 1980's.

I think someone should grab the nickname "Gang of One" (a name that demands respect). Gang of Two might be the last to be taken.

Did I miss any?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,523 • Replies: 2
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 09:45 am
Maybe they can start using letter designations to go along with the numbers. You know, like the Gang of 7A. Or maybe the Gang of 7 circa 200* whatever. Neither has quite the ring to it, but that's what they get for not being the first Gang of some number.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 09:47 am
@ebrown p,
Quote:
Gang of seven: Republican congressmen condemning the House banking scandal.

Was that their gangplank?
0 Replies