Um... er.... what's the story with dense breast tissue?

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 08:55 pm
@chai2,
Actually Chai, my experience was probably quite lovely. There was a space heater blowing on the machine. The technician was straight up and explained as she went. It was fast and easy and the space did specialize in mammos. But, still - yow - an uncomfortable experience both physically and otherwise.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 10:05 pm
@littlek,
I drove BBB to her doctor's clinic for her annual mammo this morning. She said she had one of the most inept techs she's ever experienced. Said it took the woman 4 tries on each breast before she finally got it right the 5th time. Only reason she got it right the 5th time is the tech finally realized she could lower the imager enough to allow BBB to sit in a chair while she smashed her breasts upon the filming table. Meanwhile BBB was about to pass out from the pain of having stood up for too long.

Littlek, don't be bashful about requesting second exams, screenings and opinions if you don't feel satisfied with the first ones or their explanations.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 10:19 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oddly, the only inept mammo I've ever had was also here in New Mexico - not for pain, and that must have been wretched for BBB - but because it was so lacking in pressure in the process.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 10:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Adds, that was the same place where the examining doc misread my chart from my surgeon. Grrrr.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 06:30 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Actually Chai, my experience was probably quite lovely. There was a space heater blowing on the machine. The technician was straight up and explained as she went. It was fast and easy and the space did specialize in mammos. But, still - yow - an uncomfortable experience both physically and otherwise.

Ah....that's good.
The next time won't be nearly so uncomfortable, you know what to expect.

I remember my first mammo. Between the not knowing how it would feel, and, looking back, the inexperience of the tech, it was more frustrating than anything.

Step forward, get on your toes, throw the girls up there, stand flat footed now, turn your left hip, put your right shoulder back, turn your head left, look upwards, put your right foot back, lean in, no, put your head back, get your other arm out of the way, bend your left knee.....

ok, now take a deep breath and don't move......then you hear the "rrrrrrrrrrrr", and eventually start to wonder if that vise thing will know when to stop "rrrrrrrrr"ing.

I find singing In a Gada da Vida inside my head passes the time in such a situation.
JPB

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 06:55 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I find singing In a Gada da Vida inside my head passes the time in such a situation.

Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 06:48 pm
And, next time I wear my hair back. She kept having to sweep it out of the way - wasted time.
0 Replies