Is it a logical mistake?

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 08:49 am

You can and should take countermeasures on financial crisis, rather than on financial achievements. So the sentence in the context below has committed a logic mistake.

Am I on the right track?

Context;
At G20 leaders summit in Pittsburgh: Hu Jintao will talk on China's stances on speeding up the global economic recovery, reforming the international financial system, solutions to solving global development imbalance while introducing China's countermeasures on financial crisis and achievements.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 393 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 08:59 am
You're right. It doesn't make sense to prepare a plan of action against success.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 09:33 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

You can and should take countermeasures on financial crisis, rather than on financial achievements. So the sentence in the context below has committed a logic mistake.

Am I on the right track?

Context;
At G20 leaders summit in Pittsburgh: Hu Jintao will talk on China's stances on speeding up the global economic recovery, reforming the international financial system, solutions to solving global development imbalance while introducing China's countermeasures on financial crisis and achievements.

The sentence is constructed awkwardly, but I think it means that one of Hu Jintao's topics with be China's achievements.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:11 am
It appears not to have been written by a native-speaker of the English language. It might read better written this way:

At the G20 leaders summit in Pittsburgh, Hu Jintao will talk about China's stances on speeding up the global economic recovery, reforming the international financial system and on solutions to solving the global development imbalance; while introducing China's countermeasures on financial crisis and describing China's achievements.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 08:21 pm
Thank you both
0 Replies