Too old to adopt kittens!

dyslexia

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 06:44 am
@margo,
Lady Diane is allergic to cats and must get a shot every week just to have Dante in the house, when we used to let Dante into the bedroom he insisted on sleeping not only on the bed with us but actually on Diane's pillow, we now close the bedroom door so Lady Diane can breath (she also wears a breathing contraption on her face wen sleeping as it is)
0 Replies

sailhaus

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 03:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
I disagree as I am 71 and could probably run circles around you .. you cannot make generalizations about age as we all age differently ... I look like I am barely 55 ... and have no disabilities, take no medicine, go to the YMCA regularly and am a sailor and avid outside walker. I guess I actually had a good laugh over this since I have three baby kittens for adoption now ... and if I did not already have two other cats, I would no doubt keep two. If I live to be 90+ and kept them, they will have had a good life and that is more than most of them do.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 04:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well if you're Bill Gates or Oprah Winfrey you could hire a deluge of nannies and assorted help to look over the 70 something cats.

Heck, they're rich enough to buy an entirely separate home for them as well. Wink
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 11:18 am
My mother at 88and is now is enjoying one of the four kittens that a mother cat decided to move behind my front wall.

I found homes for three of the kittens and I am keeping the mother for myself.

Now if something happen to my mother or myself the rest of the family will need to divide up the zoo as I would take in other family members pets if needed.

Age or likely lifespan is a non-issue.
0 Replies