US, Israel and Syria.

perception

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 02:21 pm
Frank Apisa

Glad you had a good day on the golf course----did you break 100?

You sorta remind me of Hobit bob ---- our other resident expert on innane banalities----you can have the last word so that this doen't go on ad nauseum. Laughing
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 02:25 pm
I disagree that peace is within the hands of the Arabs. The Israeli government is rife with obsructionists to settlement. The ruling party voted to the tune of ''no Palestinian state will be established west of the Jordan River" just last year.

And if they are so adamant about denying Palestinian statehood as a matter of course they will act to difficult or delay the settlement. Which, as in most of Israel's endeavors, they do well. They stave off peace negotiations by insisting on unrealistic sequential time tables, by use of provocative measures to maintain the tension when it seems to be ready to ebb, and by undermining every Palestinian insitution that has ever existed.

No, I definitely do not agree that it's in Arab hands. The Arabs have not been in control of the mid0east for some time, which is a source of great frustration to them.

It's not realistic to portray the Arabs as holding the cards.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 02:26 pm
au1929 wrote:
Preception
How about saving the last for the best France. That should raise a little ire. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Yeah --- great idea-----we could provide some inflight refueling and presto --- we're rid of another annoyance. Cool
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:00 am
Anyone who can read of this and the many similar happenings in the Islamic world and still believes that we are not involved in a holy war IMO opinion has a limited understanding or is an Ostrich.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/24/international/middleeast/24SYRI.html?pagewanted=2&th
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:58 am
Sofia wrote:
Three Americans murdered in Gaza...
Hamas and the latest PA spokesman barely get their clothes on this morning to run out and say they didn't do it.

Who did it?
Will we become involved militarily now?

Interesting connect to Hamas.

Fulbright's Terrorist Tie
by Daniel Pipes & Asaf Romirowsky
New York Post
October 20, 2003

Excerpt
The Oct. 15 killing in Gaza had a bitterly ironic quality. The victims were three Americans, security personnel protecting an academic review committee en route to interview Palestinian applicants for the Fulbright program, an academic exchange funded and run by the U.S. government. The killers were Palestinian terrorists. The three, in other words, were murdered by Palestinians while on a humanitarian mission to help Palestinians.

But the irony runs deeper: According to the Israeli government, a current Fulbright scholar from the West Bank "is known as an activist" in Hamas - one of the terror groups suspected in the bombing

Mustafa Abu Sway just began teaching about Islam at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) in Jupiter, Fla. Superficially, he appears to be prime Fulbright material.

He has a Ph.D. from Boston College, is an associate professor of philosophy and Islamic studies at Al-Quds University in Jerusalem, has written two books on a medieval Muslim thinker and received an award from the Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences in Berkeley.

But when we inquired about Abu Sway, the Israeli government informed us of his Hamas ties. How can a person belonging to a group that possibly killed Fulbright-related personnel himself receive a Fulbright award?

Full story
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:20 am
Brand X

Excellent article----it's fascinating to read about our enemies taking advantage of our financial assistance to become more influential in our universities and then provide aid and comfort to those who want to kill us. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:22 am
The circle of good deeds can be a real bitch!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:33 am
Good one, Equus, you slay me . . .
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:47 am
An oldie but goodie---No good deed ever goes unpunished.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 03:42 pm
Ahh..Daniel Pipes....amazing how one author can make an article worthless. If Daniel Pipes said the sky was blue I would double check before believing him!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 04:48 pm
hobitbob
Looking at your avatar I keep thinking: Lucky Strike Cigarettes.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 05:13 pm
I think I've been insulted. Confused
0 Replies