Earlobe Piercing

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 07:13 pm
Hey everyone. I got my ears pierced around 2 weeks ago and I know I shouldn't have, but I took out the earring in my left ear to clean it and I tried to get it back in but I couldn't find the hole in the back. I panicked and ended up poking another hole through the back of my ear with the blunt earring. It didn't hurt but felt really weird so I took it out again and got my mom to put it through properly. However, I'm not sure if the earring is in the right hole in the back. Is it bad if I put the earring through the one I just poked? I think she might have put the earring through the wrong hole and I know the other one will close up soon, but I don't have any way of telling which hole was the original one.

I also put some antibiotic ointment on the ear around the earring. That'll help with lessening chance of infection, right?

Also, my mom looked at my right ear and saw that it was completely dried as opposed to my left one, which had a bit of liquid oozing out of it. Is that normal because I just poked an extra hole through the back? Or is it a sign of infection? (It doesn't hurt and it's not red btw.)

Thanks guys.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,266 • Replies: 2
No top replies

mismi

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 08:41 pm
@setala123,
It's normal for the ear to be a little oozy- I don't think that necessarily means it is infected. If it gets really sore and becomes very red I would get a dr. to look at it. Doesn't sound like it is right now - so I wouldn't worry about it unless it does.

I would go back to the place that did your piercing and see if they can help you get your original post back in the right hole. You shouldn't have to take the earring out to clean it. Cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide and the antibiotic ointment and turning them several times a day should help it heal properly.

Getting your ears pierced is no big deal. What does your Mom say?
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 09:02 am
This was years ago,(44 years in fact)s but we always used alcohol for cleaning and we used small hoops in order to keep moving the hoop around so it would not stick to the wound. The idea is to seal and heal the inner path.

Red and oozing is not a good sign. So watch for that.

Worse case scenario is to let everything heal. Then get it re-done later.
0 Replies