Please edit it:

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 03:32 am

There is obviously a solution like this out there, inspired by the former President Bill Clinton's visit to North Korea. However, China, including its people and its government, does not like it. Because it seems apparent that the solution will make a terrible havoc of China's strategic benefits.

What is this solution then? If possible, the forthcoming North Korean reform and opening-up will follow, directly, the track of US democratic system, not follow the crappy model of China's.

I know you might not like this. But both SK and Japan government are ready to take the likely sudden change in US policy toward NK.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 592 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 04:43 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
There is obviously a solution like this out there, inspired by the former President Bill Clinton's visit to North Korea. However, China, including its people and its government, does not like it. Because it seems apparent that the solution will wreak terrible havoc with China's strategic interests.

What is this solution then? If possible, the hoped-for North Korean reform and opening-up will follow, directly, a track of the American democratic system, rather than the crappy model of China's.

I know you might not like this. But both the South Korean and Japanese governments are ready to deal with a likely sudden change in U.S. policy toward North Korea.

(Using SK and NK would be rather problematic in English, as these are not commonly used abbreviations, as is U.S. Also, it is probably better to use American in many instances calling for an adjective than to use U.S. When it is appropriate to use American rather than U.S. is, i guess, a matter of having a sense of the language. I would say it is more appropriate to use U.S. rather than American when one is directly referring to policies of the United States government.)
oristarA

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 05:16 am
@Setanta,
Thank you Setanta.
Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 05:30 am
@oristarA,
You're welcome. I just noticed something else. The first sentence of the second paragraph reads: "What is this solution then?" It should read: "What is the solution then?"
0 Replies